1st UNESCO biosphere reserve Inle Lake of Myanmar, launched
- 1st UNESCO biosphere reserve Inle Lake of Myanmar, launched on 11th December 2015. Earlier, in June 2015, the lake was declared as 1st biosphere reserve of Myanmar.
Sharad Joshi, the famous agro-economist, died
- Sharad Joshi, the famous agro-economist, died on 11th December 2015. He was founder of Shetakari Sanghtana which was founded in the year 1979 and also called as Farmer’s Organization.
Varanasi and Jaipur designated as members of Creative Cities Network
- Varanasi and Jaipur designated as members of Creative Cities Network of UNESCO. Both the cities added in the list of ‘City of Craft’.
Deborah Herold became 1st Indian woman to be ranked at No.4 position
- Deborah Herold, the Cyclist of India, became 1st Indian woman to be ranked at No.4 position in the World as the ranked released by International Cycling Union.
Elizabeth Susan Koshy won Gold Medal in National Shooting Championship
- Elizabeth Susan Koshy of Kerala won Gold Medal in 59th National Shooting Championship on 11th December 2015 in the event held at New Delhi while Anjum Moudgil of Haryana won Silver Medal.
Wipro won Aegis Graham Bell Award
- Wipro won Aegis Graham Bell Award on 11th December 2015 for developing the solution for Internet of Things (IoT). The award organized with Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and Telecom Centres of Excellence India (TCOE) also.
India and Japan signed the important agreements
- On 12th December 2015, India and Japan issued the joint ‘Statement on India and Japan Vision 2025: Special Strategic and Global Partnership Working Together for Peace and Prosperity of the Indo-Pacific Regions and the World’. Both the countries also signed an agreement on Civil Nuclear Cooperation and MoC on High Speed Railways and also signed many other agreements also.
NGT banned the registration of new diesel-run vehicles in Delhi
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned the registration of new diesel-run vehicles in Delhi with the aim to curb the air pollution in Delhi. The decision was taken by Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar.
India imposed anti-dumping duty on import of cold-rolled flat products
- Govt. of India imposed anti-dumping duty on import of cold-rolled flat products of stainless steel for 5 years from 7 countries. The countries are: China, South Korea, USA, South Africa, Thailand, Taiwan and European Union.
==>> Read Current Affairs from GK Digest Android Application