4 Indian Boxers awarded with Olympic scholarship
- Indian Boxers Shiva Thapa, Mandeep Jangra, Gaurav Bidhuri and Sumit Sangwan awarded with Olympic scholarship on 15th December 2015 as the scholarship presented by International Olympics Committee.
A.K. Jain appointed as Chairman of CBDT
- A.K. Jain appointed as Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 15th December 2015. CBDT is a statutory authority which is functioning under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
Islamic Military Coalition launched by Saudi Arabia
- Islamic Military Coalition launched by Saudi Arabia on 15th December 2015 with the aim to counter terrorism in which 34 countries will participate. The coalition launched in pursuance of the objectives of Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Bappi Lahiri and Kedarnath Bhattacharya (Kumar Sanu) awarded with Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Bappi Lahiri and Kedarnath Bhattacharya (also known as Kumar Sanu) awarded with Lifetime Achievement Awards on 14th December 2015 by the State Government of West Bengal. The awards presented on the eve of Bangla Sangeet Mela held annually in the State.
New Zealand confirmed its new flag ‘Silver Fern’
- New Zealand confirmed its new flag consisting black, white and blue design called as ‘Silver Fern’ on 15th December 2015 as designed by Kyle Lockwood.
Principles for Public Credit Guarantee Schemes launched by World Bank Group
- Principles for Public Credit Guarantee Schemes launched by World Bank Group and 1st Initiative on 14th December 2015 with the aim to provide global standards for Credit Guarantee Schemes.
L. Narasimha Reddy appointed as Chairman of Judicial Committee on OROP
- Govt. of India formed the new Judicial Committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) and appointed L. Narasimha Reddy as its Chairman. L. Narasimha Reddy is a Retd. Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Govt. of India will establish 3 new IIITs in Ranchi, Nagpur and Pune
- Govt. of India signed a MoU on 12th December 2015 in which 3 new IITs on Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) mode will be established in Ranchi, Nagpur and Pune Districts.
Saudi Arabia elected women candidates in almost 18 Municipal Councils
- The citizens of Saudi Arabia elected women candidates in almost 18 Municipal Councils as announced results on 13th December 2015. It is important to noting that for the first time, women candidates were allowed to contest in the country.
Read Daily Current Affairs from GK Digest Android App
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here