Pakistan successfully test fired ‘Shaheen-IA’
- Pakistan successfully test fired nuclear capable ballistic missile ‘Shaheen-IA’ on 15th December 2015 having range of about 900 km. ‘Shaheen-IA’ also known as ‘Falcon’.
Apurvi Chandela won Gold Medal in 10 metre Air Rifle event
- Apurvi Chandela won Gold Medal in 10 metre Air Rifle event in women’s category at 59th National Shooting Championship on 15th December 2015 while Geetakshi Dixit won Silver Medal.
6 satellites of Singapore successfully launched by ISRO
- 6 satellites of Singapore successfully launched by ISRO by using PSLV-C29 as launched on 16th December 2015 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
Green Peace India released the report on National Air Quality Index
- Green Peace India released the report on National Air Quality Index of 17 cities on 15th December 2015 in which Delhi recorded as the most polluted city followed by Patna and Gwalior.
Vijay Diwas observed on 16th December 2015
- Vijay Diwas observed on 16th December 2015 in the country to commemorate the victory of Indo-Pak War 1971. Since then, the day is being celebrated as Victory Day in Bangladesh and Vijay Diwas in India.
$1.5 billion loan approved by World Bank to India
- $1.5 billion loan has approved by World Bank on 15th December 2015 to India. India will spend the amount to fulfill the objective of Clean India Campaign also known as Swachh Bharat Mission.
Rory Mcllory awarded with European Tour Golfer of the Year Award
- Rory Mcllory of Ireland awarded with European Tour Golfer of the Year Award on 15th December 2015. He awarded with this award for the 3rd time in the last 4 years.
Finance Ministry made mandatory to quote PAN
- On 16th December 2015, Finance Ministry of India made mandatory to quote Permanent Account Number (PAN) for all the transactions above Rs.2 Lakh which will be come into effect from 01st January 2016.
==>> Read current affairs on GK Digest Android Application
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here