23 Poets and Authors have chosen for Sahitya Akademi Awards
- 23 Poets and Authors have chosen for Sahitya Akademi Awards 2015 on 17th December 2015 in various Indian languages. The President of Sahitya Akademi is Dr.Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari.
Francois Hollande will be Chief Guest at 67th Republic Day Parade
- Francois Hollande, President of France will become the Chief Guest at 67th Republic Day Parade to be held on 26th January 2016 as announced by Union Ministry of External Affairs on 17th December 2015.
‘Bose Brothers and Indian Independence – An Insider’s Account’
- The book titled as ‘Bose Brothers and Indian Independence – An Insider’s Account’ written by Madhuri Bose. The Author presented its one copy to PM Modi on 17th December 2015.
Justice Reva Khetrapal appointed as Lokayukta of Delhi
- Justice Reva Khetrapal appointed as Lokayukta of Delhi on 17th December 2015 while Justice Manmohan Sarin recently retired. The Governor of Delhi is Najeeb Jung.
Noorul Huda, the famous leader of CPIM, died
- Noorul Huda, the famous leader of Communist Party of India (M) (CPIM), died on 17th December 2015. He remained member of Legislative Assembly of the State of Assam during the period 1978 to 1983.
Govt. of India formed AP Shah Committee
- Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas formed AP Shah Committee on 15th December 2015 to look after the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation-Reliance Industries Limited (ONGC-RIL) dispute on Krishna Godavari (KG) gas fields. The Chairman of the Committee is Ajit Prakash Shah.
Federal Reserve System of USA increased the interest rate by 0.25% since 2006
- Federal Reserve System of USA increased the interest rate by 0.25% since 2006 on 16th December 2015 for the purpose to consolidate the recovery process of economy of the country.
RBI comes under the RTI Act
- According to the decision of Supreme Court of India, RBI liable to disclose information about the banks under the Right to Information (RTI) Act as announced on 16th December 2015. The ruling has passed by Justice M.Y. Eqbal and Justice C. Nagappan.
==>>Read Current Affairs from GK Digest Android Application