Rajya Sabha passed the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill
- Rajya Sabha passed the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, 2015 on 22nd December 2015. Earlier, the bill passed by Lok Sabha on 07th May 2015. Now, the juveniles between the ages of 16-18 years to be tried as adults for heinous crimes.
Philippines became 1st Asian country to approve ‘Dengvaxia’
- Philippines became 1st Asian country to approve Dengue vaccine called as ‘Dengvaxia’ on 22nd December 2015. The vaccine manufactured by Sanofi, the pharmaceutical giant of France.
DAMPE satellite launched by China
- Dark Matter Particle Explorer (DAMPE) satellite has launched by China on 17th December 2015 to shed light on mysterious dark matter. The satellite also called as ‘Wukong’.
Brendon McCullum announced his retirement
- Brendon McCullum, famous Cricketer of New Zealand announced his retirement from all forms of International Cricket on 22nd December 2015. He will retire in the next year in February 2016 after playing the Test Series against Australia.
National Mathematics Day observed on 22nd December 2015
- National Mathematics Day observed on 22nd December 2015 in the country. The day is observed on the eve of birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan who was the great Mathematician of India.
Anwesha Scheme launched by Odisha
- Anwesha Scheme launched by the State Government of Odisha on 21st December 2015 with the aim to provide free education to SC/ST students. CM Naveen Patnaik announced the scheme during the 3 days festival ‘Saragi Phul’.
Gopal Subramaniam Commission appointed by Govt. of Delhi
- Gopal Subramaniam Commission appointed by Govt. of Delhi on 21st December 2015 to inquire the financial irregularities in Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) scam.