Dr.Rakesh K. Jain awarded with National Medal of Science of USA
- Dr.Rakesh K. Jain, an Indian-American awarded with National Medal of Science of USA on 23rd December 2015. The award was established in the year 1959 by the Govt. of USA.
‘Crop Insurance’ and ‘AgriMarket Mobile’ launched by the Govt. of India
- Two mobile apps for farmers namely ‘Crop Insurance’ and ‘AgriMarket Mobile’ launched by the Govt. of India with the aim to provide beneficial facilities to the farmers.
Pawan Kumar Agarwal appointed as CEO of FSSAI
- Pawan Kumar Agarwal appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). FSSAI divided into 8 zones having 4 referral and 72 local laboratories in India.
Bihar banned 15 years old diesel vehicles in Patna
- State Govt. of Bihar banned 15 years old diesel vehicles from plying in Patna on 23rd December 2015. Govt. decided it to decrease the pollution level in the city.
Gautam H. Bambawale appointed as High Commissioner of India to Pakistan
- Gautam H. Bambawale appointed as High Commissioner of India to Pakistan on 23rd December 2015. Earlier, he was became Consul General of India in Guangzhou, China in the year 2007.
International Tennis Federation announced the list of World Champions
- According to International Tennis Federation, Novak Djokovic became World Champion in Men’s Singles category and Serena Williams in Women’s singles category.
Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini banned for 8 years in Football
- President of FIFA Sepp Blatter and President of UEFA Michel Platini banned for 8 years in Football by Independent Ethics Committee on 21st December 2015.
ICC Awards announced in Dubai, UAE
- According to ICC Awards announced on 23rd December 2015, Steven Smith of Australia awarded with Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year.
INS Godavari decommissioned in Mumbai
- India’s 1st indigenously designed and built warship of Navy ‘INS Godavari’ decommissioned in Mumbai on 23rd December 2015. INS Godavari was built by Mazagon Dock Limited.
Indian Railways signed an agreement with ICICI Bank Ltd.
- On 23rd December 2015, Indian Railways signed an agreement with ICICI Bank Ltd. to sell its rail tickets on applications. ICICI Bank will provide the facility to mobile app and prepaid digital wallet.
==>> Read Current Affairs in an easy way on GK Digest Android Application