‘Atal Setu’ inaugurated in the State of Jammu and Kashmir
- 1st Cable bridge of North India ‘Atal Setu’ inaugurated in the State of Jammu and Kashmir on 24th December 2015 as inaugurated/launched by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Syed Kirmani awarded with Col. C.K. Nayadu Lifetime Achievement Award
- Syed Kirmani awarded with Col. C.K. Nayadu Lifetime Achievement Award on 24th December 2015. He was the member of Indian Cricket team who won the ICC World Cup in the year 1983 for the first time under the Captaincy of Kapil Dev.
National Good Governance Day observed on 25th December 2015
- National Good Governance Day observed on 25th December 2015 i.e. on the eve of birth anniversary of former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Earlier, in the year 2014, he was awarded with Bharat Ratna.
UNGA adopted 05th November as World Tsunami Awareness Day
- United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution to designate 05th November as World Tsunami Awareness Day on 24th December 2015 with the aim to aware the people about the dangers of Tsunami.
RBI set the deadline to exchange the currency notes 30th June 2016
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) set the new deadline for exchange the pre-2005 currency notes on 23rd December 2015 i.e. 30th June 2016. Earlier, it was 31st December 2015. RBI extended the deadline for the 5th time.
1st Islamic Airline of Malaysia launched by Indian origins
- 1st Islamic Airline of Malaysia launched on 23rd December 2015 by an Indian origins Ravi Alagendran and Karthiyani Govindan. The Airlines will offer Shariah compliant services including the prayers.
Biocon Limited launched the Hepatitis – C drug Harvoni in India
- Biocon Limited launched the generic version of Hepatitis – C drug Harvoni in India on 24th December 2015. It will be sold under the name ‘CIMIVIR-L’ in India.
1st Artificial Liver Tissue of India developed by Pandorum Technologies
- 1st Artificial Liver Tissue of India developed by Pandorum Technologies on 21st December 2015. Pandorum Technologies developed it with the help of 3-D printing technology.
==>> Download GK Digest Android Application