Lionel Messi wins 2016 FIFA Ballon d’Or award
- Lionel Messi from Argentina has won the 2016 FIFA Ballon d’Or Award.
- The FIFA Ballon d’Or has been presenting for the sixth time since the merging of the FIFA World Player of the Year award and France Football’s Ballon d’Or award in 2010. it is awarded to the male player, based upon highest votes secured by him from national team coaches and captains, as well as journalists from around the world.
CIRB Hisar becomes second institute to clone buffalo in India
- Scientists at the Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes (CIRB) in Hisar, Haryana have successfully produced a cloned buffalo offspring named ‘Cirb Gaurav’. CIRB becomes the India’s second and world’s third institute to produce cloned buffalo. Karnal (Haryana) based National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) was the India’s first institute to produce a cloned calf.
73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards
- The 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony was organized at Beverly Hills, California, United States (US). Golden Globe Awards are the annual awards that honour the best in Motion Pictures and Television for the previous year.
DAC approves major changes in Defence Procurement Procedure
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has approved major changes in the new Defence Procurement Procedure (DDP) 2016.
India-Australia Social Security Agreement comes into operation
- India-Australia social security Agreement signed between both countries came into operation. It will strengthen India-Australia relationship as 397,000 Indian-born people living in Australia and making substantial contribution.
First female F1 driver Maria Teresa de Filippis passes away
- The first female F1 (Formula One) driver Maria Teresa de Filippis passed away on 8 January 2016 in Italy. She was 89. She was born on 11 November 1926 in Naples, Italy. She had stated her racing career at the age of 22 and had won first race on a 10 km drive between Salerno and Cava de’ Tirreni by driving a Fiat 500.She was also a founding member of the Maserati Club and later on she become its President.
Music Legend David Bowie passes away
- Music Legend David Bowie passed away on 10 January 2015 in New York, United States following a battle with liver cancer. He was 69. David Bowie was born as David Robert Jones on 8 January 1947 in London, England. He has won two Grammy Awards and three Brit Awards.
App of the DayDownload GK Digest Android App here
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here