Current affairs updates for today :-
Chinese President Xi formally launched Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- China-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), in which India and 56 countries have joined as founding members, was formally opened here today by Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- 57 countries have joined as founding members, while the US and Japan have stayed out. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will address the founding conference of the AIIB council later today.
World Bank to be main investor in Rail Development Fund
- The World Bank would be the anchor investor in the new Railway Development Fund, which would be used to fund the modernisation of Indian Railways, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has said.
Flipkart ties-up with Mahindra for KUV100 online bookings
- Online giant Flipkart has tied up with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd to exclusively launch the latter's newest SUV- KUV100. Consumers can book the SUV on Flipkart from January 18th, 2016.
World Bank released World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends
- The World Bank on 14 January 2016 released a report titled World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends in Washington DC, the USA. The report explored the impact of the internet, mobile phones, and related technologies on economic development across the world including India.
Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone win big at Filmfare Awards
- At the Filmfare Awards held in Mumbai, Deepika won the Best actoress in female category for her film ‘Piku’ and Ranveer won best actor award for ‘BajiraoMastani’.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Best Actor Debut
Best Actress Debut
Critics’ Choice Best Film
Critics’ Choice Best Actor
Critics’ Choice Best Actress
Lifetime Achievement Award
Delhi-based writer Ankita Anand won the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for work on Khap-panchayats
- An independent Delhi-based writer Ankita Anand on 14 January 2016 won the European Commission's prestigious Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for 2015 in Asia and the Pacific amateur category.
- She earned the award for her sensitive portrayal of life for young women facing the threat from khap-panchayats in Haryana with the title "Stirrings beneath the Peepul" published in the journal The Equator Linel.
ICC Rankings: India become No. 1 Test side in the world
- South Africa's 0-2 defeat in their home series against England has pushed them off the top of the ICC Test Rankings. Now India, with 110 rating points, are at No. 1, with Australia one rating point shy in second place.
WWE returns to India after 13 years
- Show is going to held at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium on January 15 and 16.
- Two Indian wrestler Lovepreet and Satender, will debut.
Download GK Digest Android App (With Current Affairs Quiz)
Updates on the go
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here