India’s Dinesh Sharma elected to board of directors of AIIB
Former Sikkim Governor Ventrapragada Rama Rao passes away
- Former Sikkim Governor and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ventrapragada Rama Rao passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana following an illness. Rama Rao was one of the founders of Jana Sangh (later became BJP) in Andhra Pradesh.
Tsai Ing-wen elected Taiwan's first female president
- Tsai Ing-wen has been elected Taiwan's first female president. Ms Tsai, 59, leads the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) that wants independence from China.
Bihar commercial Tax dept. and DGFT signed MoU to share Foreign Money statistics
- The Commercial tax department of Bihar has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) for sharing of foreign exchange realization data.
Indian author Anuradha Roy wins DSC Prize for 'Sleeping on Jupiter'
- Anuradha Roy has been announced the winner of the prestigious DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2016 for her novel 'Sleeping on Jupiter' at the Fairway Galle Literary Festival in Sri Lanka.
Iran sanctions lifted, India can import oil freely
- With international nuclear sanctions on Iran being lifted on Sunday, India will resume its unrestricted import of oil from the Persian Gulf nation.
Virat Kohli fastest to reach 7000 runs, 24 centuries in ODI cricket
- Virat Kohli added another feather to his hat as he became the fastest man to score 7000 one-day international (ODI) runs and the fastest to reach 24 centuries in the format.
- Kohli reached the milestone during the course of India's third ODI against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday.
World’s largest Tricolour to be hoisted in Ranchi
- Ranchi is all going to beat a record set by a flag in Faridabad, Haryana in March 2015 by getting the world’s largest Tricolour flying atop the country’s tallest flagpole at the Pahari temple in Ranchi. The 99 by 66 feet measuring flag will be hoisted from a height of 293 feet.
Madhya Pradesh inks pact with IFC to set up world's largest solar plant
- The Madhya Pradesh government has inked a pact with IFC, member of the World Bank Group, to set up the world's largest solar energy plant with a capacity of 750 MW.
==>> Download GK Digest Android App here (Updated)
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here