PayU appoints Laurent Le Moal as new global CEO
- PayU, one of the world's largest payment services platforms, announced the appointment of Laurent Le Moal as its new global CEO. Le Moal would be reporting directly to Naspers' Group CEO, Bob Van Dijk.
Ronnie O'Sullivan defeated Barry Hawkins to win sixth Snooker Masters title
- Ronnie O'Sullivan on 17 January 2016 won his sixth Snooker Masters title after defeating Barry Hawkins 10-1 in the final at the Alexandra Palace in London.
Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates ‘Hall of Nuclear Power’ in Delhi
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the “Hall of Nuclear Power” here today.
Delhi Acers defeated Mumbai Rockets to clinch Premier Badminton League title
- Delhi Acers on 17 January 2016 emerged victorious over Mumbai Rockets by 4-3 in the summit clash to clinch the Premier Badminton League (PBL) title. The match was held at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi.
Somnath Temple to invest in Gold Monetisation Scheme
- The Somnath Temple is all set to become Gujarat’s first temple to deposit its idle gold in the Gold Monetisation Scheme as its trustees including Prime Minister Narendra Modi have given their nod to invest the yellow metal reserves in the scheme.
Exim Bank inks MoU with AP Govt for promoting exports
- Exim Bank of India and the Government of Andhra Pradesh have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for promotion of exports from the state.
Mindtree appoints Ravanan as CEO, Natarajan as executive chairman
- Mindtree has appointed Rostow Ravanan as the CEO and managing director, and Krishnakumar Natarajan as the executive chairman of the company.
- Ravanan, 44, is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India and alumni of Harvard Business School.
SBT launches online platform for KSEB bill payments
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT) has teamed up with the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) to provide customers of the state utility online facility for remittance of electricity charges.
Guenter Butschek appointed as MD and CEO of Tata Motors Ltd
- India’s largest automaker (by revenue) Tata Motors Ltd’s has appointed Guenter Butschek as chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of the company.
France declares economic emergency
- French President Francois Hollande has declared a state of economic emergency to redefine France’s economic and social model. Training half a million jobless workers, greater use of apprenticeships and aiding companies for hiring young workers.
Renowned Kannada filmmaker and lyricist Geethapriya passes away
- Renowned Kannada filmmaker and lyricist Geethapriya passed away after a battle with throat cancer in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
BSE launches algorithm trading test
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Ltd has launched a new service for algorithm trading test facility for investors on its derivatives and equity platform. The new service has been launched in partnership with Mumbai based Symphony Fintech Solutions Pvt Ltd.
SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket successfully launches Jason-3 Ocean-monitoring satellite
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has successfully launched the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying Jason-3 Ocean-monitoring satellite. It was launched from California’s Vandenberg Air Force Base
Download GK Digest Android App (Updated)
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here