Government inks MoU to implement Action Plan for skill development in Telecom
- Recently,The Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has signed MoU with Department of Telecommunication (DoT) for Skill Development in Telecom Sector.
- Such MoU has signed to implement National Action Plan for Skill Development in Telecom Sector.
INDIA to be fastest growing economy in 2016: UN Report
- India will be the fastest growing big economy in the world in 2016, as per recently released United Nations World Economic Situation and Prospects 2016 report.
- The report has projected India's growth rate by 7.3% in the year 2016 and 7.5% in 2017 slightly up from an earlier estimated 7.2% rate in 2015.
19th National Conference on e-Governance begins in Nagpur
- 19th National Conference on e-Governance begins in Nagpur. The nineteenth edition of National Conference on e-Governance has begun on 21 January 2016 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Moldovan parliament appointed Pavel Filip as Prime Minister
- Moldovan parliament on 20 January 2016 appointed Pavel Filip as the Prime Minister. He would be the third prime minister of Moldova in less than a year.
Ravi Chellam took charge as Executive Director of Greenpeace India
- Noted environmentalist Ravi Chellam on 20 January 2016 took charge as the Executive Director of Greenpeace India, a Non-Government Organisation (NGO). Chellam succeeds former Executive Director Samit Aich.
IRS officer Atulesh Jindal appointed as Chairman of CBDT
- Senior revenue service officer Atulesh Jindal on 21 January 2016 was appointed chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Mauritius offers biofarming technology to India
- Eyeing greater economic cooperation with India, Mauritius offered transfer of bio-farming technology to the country along with enhanced cooperation in the healthcare sector.
2015 declared the hottest year on record
- It’s official: 2015 was the hottest year on record. Global data show that a powerful system, marked by warmed waters in the tropical Pacific Ocean, helped to drive atmospheric temperatures well past 2014’s record highs.
‘Nai Manzil’ Scheme Launched in Jammu and Kashmir
- The ‘Nai Manzil’ scheme has been launched, for the first time in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Dr. Najma Heptulla, the Minister of Minority Affairs informed this while briefing the media on the new initiatives of the Ministry for the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Indian Olympic Association signs IOS Sports & Entertainment as its marketing partner
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Thursday announced that sports management firm IOS Sports & Entertainment will be its exclusive commercial and marketing rights partner for the next two years.
Google Launches First Public Wifi Service in India
- Google, in partnership with Indian Railways, launched its first free high-speed public WiFi service in the country at the Mumbai Central Railway Station today.
Denmark named world’s best country for women
- Denmark is the best country in the world for women to live in, according to a survey conducted by American media company US News and World Report.
Ravindra Reddy, founder Chairman of MTAR, passed away
- Ravindra Reddy, founder Chairman of MTAR, which supplies critical indigenously developed systems for India’s space and nuclear programmes, passed away at the age of 77.
Lleyton Hewitt retired from International Tennis
- An emotional Lleyton Hewitt brought the curtain down on his 18-year singles career as he lost to David Ferrer in the second round of the Australian Open.
Chanderpaul retired from international cricket
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul has called time on his international career after making his debut nearly twenty two years ago. Chanderpaul notified West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) about his decision through an email.
==>> Download GK Digest Android App here
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here