Scientists discover largest known solar system
- Astronomers have discovered the largest known solar system in the form of gas giant located one trillion kilometers away.
Cognizant acquires KBACE Technologies
- United States (US) based software services exporter Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) has acquired cloud-based computing firm KBACE Technologies. KBACE Technologies’ 400 consultants and implementation experts will become part of Cognizant.
150th birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai
- 150th birth anniversary of great freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai, also known as Punjab Kesri is being celebrated 28th January 2016.
India overtakes Thailand as World’s largest Rice exporter
- India has overtaken Thailand as the world’s largest rice exporter in the year 2015 by shipping (exporting) 10.23 million tonnes of rice.
CERT-In inks cyber security agreements with 3 nations
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) has signed cybersecurity agreement with its counterparts in Malaysia, Singapore and Japan.
India and Armenia Sign Protocol amending the India-Armenia Double Taxation Avoidance Convention
- A Protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Convention was signed by the Government of India and the Government of Armenia here today.
India ranks 76 in Corruption Perception Index
- The Berlin-based corruption watchdog Transparency International (TI) has put India at rank 76 out of 168 countries in its latest Corruption Perception Index.
HCL Tech acquires P2P, HCLTSS for Rs 1.01 billion
- HCL Technologies, one of the leading software exporters, announced has acquired 100% stake in Point to Point and Point to Point Products (jointly referred to as P2P) and HCL Training and Staffing Services (HCLTSS) for a consideration of approx Rs 1.01 billion.
Cabinet approves raising of 17 Indian Reserve Battalions by J&K and LWE States
- The Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the raising of 17 India Reserve Battalions (IR Bns) by Jammu & Kashmir and Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected States.
EF creates task force with Mark Carney & Raghuram Rajan
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has created a new task force with Bank of England Governor Mark Carney and his counterpart at the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan.
Apollo Munich ties up with Axis Bank for policy distribution
- Apollo Munich today announced its partnership with Axis Bank for offering bank customers customized insurance policies.
Download GK Digest Current Affairs App here
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here