Pranav Dhanawade hits world record by scoring 1009 runs at school level tournament
- 15-year-old cricketer Pranav Dhanawade created a world record by scoring 1009 runs (not out) in HT Bhandari Cup, an under-16 inter-school tournament held in Mumbai (Maharashtra). He also has broken a century-old cricketing record becoming the first batsman to score 1000-plus runs in an innings in any form of cricket.
Reliance capital gets CCI nod to acquire Goldman Sach’s fund arm
- Reliance Capital Asset Management (RCAM) has received nod from Competition Commission of India (CCI) to acquire Goldman Sachs’s mutual funds and exchange-traded funds business in India.
Sri Lanka, Pakistan agree to expand FTA
- Sri Lanka & Pakistan have agreed to expand their bilateral free trade agreement (FTA) by inclusion of services and investment.
Former CJI SH Kapadia passes away
- Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) Sarosh Homi Kapadia passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 68 years. His funeral was held as per Parsi tradition at Tower of Silence at Kemps Corner, South Mumbai. Kapadia was born on 29 September 1947. He had graduated from Government Law College, Mumbai.
Union Government abolishes export duty on iron ore pellets
- The Union Government has abolished export duty on iron ore pellets in order to make the commodity more competitive amid weakening prices due to subdued demand. In this regard Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) has issued a notification mentioning that export duty on iron ore pellets has been reduced to zero from 5 per cent.
Syed Kirmani conferred with 2015 Col CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award
- Former Cricketer Syed Kirmani was honoured with the Col CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award in Mumbai (Maharashtra) for his contribution to Indian cricket. He was a member of the Indian team that won the World Cup in 1983 for the first time
Union Government reserves 33% posts of women constables in CAPFs
- The Union Government has reserved 33 per cent posts of Constables for women in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to enhance their representation. The proposal in this regard shall come into effect with immediate effect.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here