Union Cabinet gives nod to MoU with Bangladesh for operation of traditional haats
- The Union cabinet has given its ex-post-facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bangladesh for Mode of Operation of Border haats on India-Bangladesh Border signed in 2010. The Border Haats in Indian Language means Rural Market.
Andhra Bank launches IMPS for money transfer
- Andhra Bank has launched Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) at all its branches across the country to provide inter-bank electronic fund transfer service. The customer-friendly service was launched by Andhra Bank in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Union Cabinet gives nod to Civil Aviation MoU between India and Singapore
- The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Singapore on cooperation in the field of civil aviation.
Kate Atkinson wins 2015 Costa Novel Award
- The British writer, Kate Atkinson has won the 2015 Costa novel award for her novel “A God in Ruins”, the companion her previous novel to ‘Life After Life’.
Apurvi Chandela set world record in 10m air rifle at Swedish Cup Grand Prix
- Indian ace shooter Apurvi Chandela has set a new world record in the women’s 10 meter air rifle event at the 2015 Swedish Cup Grand Prix. She set the new record after winning gold medal in the women’s 10 metre air rifle event shooting score of 211.2. Her winning score has surpassed previous world record of 211 score set by Chinese Olympic gold medallist Yi Siling. Chandela has already qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Union Government launches Ganga Gram Yojana
- The Union Government has launched Ganga Gram Yojana to develop 1600 villages in Uttar Pradesh (UP) situated along the banks of Ganga River. The Ganga Gram Yojana, 200 villages in UP have been selected.
Union Cabinet approves creation of a Credit Guarantee Fund for MUDRA loans
- The Union Cabinet has approved creation of a Credit Guarantee Fund (CGF) for Micro Units Development Refinance Agency (MUDRA) loans. The CGF is expected to guarantee more than 1,00,000 crore rupees worth of loans to micro and small units in the first instance.