Amitabh Bachchan, Ranveer Singh share Best Actor award
Jammu And Kashmir Unlikely To Get A Chief Minister Even Next Week
- Mehbooba Mufti has been chosen by the PDP-led alliance to be Jammu and Kashmir's first woman chief minister. Mr Sayeed died on Thursday morning and sources have told NDTV that his daughter and People's Democratic Party or PDP president Mebhooba Mufti - chosen as the next chief minister by the ruling coalition led by the party - is not willing to take oath immediately.
Oil Ministry launches online initiative to improve LPG customer service
- Natural Gas has launched an online initiative to seek suggestions from Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) consumers across the country. The initiative is part of steps being taken to observe 2016 as the 'Year of LPG Consumers'.
RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan awarded 2016 Central Banker of the Year Award
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for year 2016. The award has been bestowed upon him by the The Banker, a monthly publication of Financial Times Group.
Punjab gave ‘clean chit’ to suspect SP
- The Home Ministry sources, meanwhile, said Salwinder Singh would be quizzed on the suspected politico-police nexus with smugglers who may have helped the terrorists sneak into India via the narcotics route.
CM Mamata woos investors at Bengal business summit
- The Bengal Global Business Summit 2016, with finance minister Arun Jaitley in attendance, she claimed her government would return to power in the assembly elections slated for April-May. The chief minister claimed that Bengal Global Business Summit 2015 had tied up investment worth Rs 2.43 lakh crore
Devender Kumar Sikri appointed as Chairman of CCI
- Union Government has appointed former IAS Devender Kumar Sikri as Chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI). Devender Kumar Sikri is a former IAS officer of Gujarat cadre. He has held various positions in his cadre state Gujarat as well as in Center.
Government reappoints Urjit Patel as deputy governor of RBI for 3 years
- The government on Friday reappointed Urjit Patel, who headed a committee that paved the way for the proposed monetary policy committee, as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a second time for a three-year term.
- Patel joined the central bank on January 11, 2013, months before Raghuram Rajan took charge as the Governor, and has been heading the monetary policy department. Rajan and Patel had earlier worked together in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington.
==>> Download GK Digest Android App here
RBI Grade B Online Classes by Ramandeep Singh - Join here