PNB declares United Breweries Holdings ‘Wilful Defaulter'
- Vjay Mallya-led United Breweries Holdings Ltd today said it has been declared a “Willful Defaulter” by Punjab National Bank and the company is consulting lawyers to challenge the decision.
- Punjab National Bank had an exposure of Rs 800 crore to the defunct carrier.
==>> Must read :- Life and Times of Kingfisher Airlines
Dena Bank’s Sridhar selected as umpire (Table Tennis) for Rio Olympic Games
- Dena Bank’s S. Sridhar has been selected to represent India as Umpire (Table Tennis) in the forthcoming 2016 Rio Olympic Games, the public sector bank said in a statement.
- The Olympic Games will start on August 5 and end on August 21, 2016
Employee Provident Fund interest rate raised to 8.8%
A final decision on the hike in PF rates was taken at a meeting of the Central Board of Trustees (CBT) in Chennai on Tuesday. The CBT includes representatives from the government, employers and employees
Yes Bank, IREDA join hands to push green power
- Country’s fifth-largest private lender Yes Bank today signed an agreement with the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) to foster renewable energy (RE) development in India.
- The bank will also support initiatives of IREDA in development of these critical sectors, it added.
Saudi, Russia, Qatar, Venezuela agree oil output freeze
- Top global oil exporters including Russia and Saudi Arabia agreed to freeze output to tackle a global glut but said the deal was contingent on other producers, with Iran absent from the meeting and planning to ramp up shipments.
- The Saudi minister, Ali al-Naimi, said freezing production at January levels was an adequate measure and new steps to stabilise the market could be considered in the next few months.
Himachal’s Samej village becomes smokeless by Indian Oil Corporation
Under Union Government’s campaign, the Samej village in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, has been made smokeless by the Indian Oil Corporation.
- SarparaPanchayat of Shimla district has also been adopted for the purpose. Mansi, Assistant Manager Sales of Indian Oil Corporation said, nearly 83 percent people are using the LPG in the state and now the company is trying to achieve hundred percent target in this direction.
AsifKapadia wins Grammy Award for Best Music Fil
- Indo-British filmmaker AsifKapadia, has scooped a Grammy Award for Best Music Film for his poignant documentary “Amy” on late British singer Amy Winehouse
- The 2015 film, which touched on the life and rise of the hugely talented singer who passed away four years ago, beat out competition from esteemed winners to win the prestigious prize.
1st Mega Food Park of Jharkhand inaugurated at Getalsud
- 1st Mega Food Park (MFP) of Jharkhand inaugurated at Getalsud village in Ranchi district.
- It was set up as a public private partnership (PPP) project under the aegis of the Mega Food Park Scheme (MFPS) of the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MFPI).
US-ASEAN Summit begins in California
- The summit between leaders from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the United States has begun in California.
- US President Barack Obama opened the summit yesterday said few regions present more opportunities in the 21st century than the Asia Pacific, and reiterated his country’s intention to strengthen ties in the economic and security spheres.
Current Affairs AppInstall GK Digest Android App here