India, UK institutions ink agreement for collaboration in Crop Sciences
- Department of Biotechnology in the Union Ministry of Science and Technology has signed a MoU with a consortium of top United Kingdom (UK) research institutions for joint India-UK collaboration programme in crop science.
13th World Spice Congress begins in Ahmedabad
- The 13th edition of World Spice Congress (WSC) will begin in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The theme of the three-day biennial event is ‘Target 2020: Clean, Safe and Sustainable Supply Chain’.
Highlights of Economic Survey 2015-16
- The Economic Survey is presented by the ministry of Finance in the parliament every year, before the Union Budget.
Free Notes BundleInstall GK Digest Android App here for exclusive downloads
Mumbai win Ranji Trophy title
- Mumbai defeated Saurashtra by an innings and 21 runs today in the Ranji Trophy final at Pune to win their 41st Ranji title.
SBI Launches SBI e Smart SME to offer Ecommerce Loan
- State Bank of India (SBI) in partnership with e-commerce platform Snapdeal has launched SBI e-Smart SME to provide a working capital loan for sellers on -ecommerce platforms.
Rajendra Singh appointed as the DG of Coast Guard
- Rajendra Singh has been appointed as the Director General (DG) of Coast Guard, the country’s coastal protection force.
E-Tourist Visa Scheme extended to 37 more countries
- The Union Government has extended e-Tourist Visa Scheme to 37 more countries. With this, the total count of countries under the scheme will become 150.
Lok Sabha passes Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- Lok Sabha has passed Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to grant voting rights to people who became citizens of India following the exchange of enclaves between India and Bangladesh.
India makes their mark at the RichList with 111 billionaires
- The Hurun Global RichList 2016 shows an increase of 99 billionaires to the list of global of the wealthy taking the number up to 2188.
US wins WTO dispute against India’s solar rules
- The United States won a ruling against India at the World Trade Organization on Wednesday after challenging the rules on the origin of solar cells and solar modules used in India’s national solar power program.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here