Corporation Bank inks pact with Universal Sompo for accident death coverage
- Corporation Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Universal Sompo General Insurance Co Ltd for providing accident death coverage to its savings bank account holders under Corp Signature, Corp Super and Corp Saral category.
- According to this pact the bank provides free personal accident death cover of Rs.10 lakh to its Corp Signature and Rs.5 lakh to its Corp Super account holders.
Current Affairs AppInstall GK Digest Android App to download exclusive free notes
Indian Origin Singaporean Is Diamond Trade Body’s New President
- Vishal Mehta, A 34-year-old Indian-origin man based in Singapore was today appointed President of the newly- formed International Grown Diamond Association (IGDA).
- Vishal Mehta, CEO of a Singapore-based company which makes lab diamond, was named President of the IGDA, a platform of more than 10 leading grown diamond producers, distributors and retailers.
Centre Approves Heritage Development Projects In Andhra & Telangana
- The Union Ministry of Urban Development approved projects worth more than Rs.12 crore for improving tourist infrastructure in heritage locations in Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh and Warangal in Telangana.
- An official press release said an Inter-Ministerial National Empowered Committee for the Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) approved the projects, which include a heritage park in Amaravati and developmental works at the 1000 Pillar Temple and KazipetDurgah and rejuvenation of pondatPadmakshi Temple in Warangal city.
MoU on Health and School Renovation between India and Sri Lanka
- India and Sri Lanka signed two memorandum of understanding (MoUs) in the health sector and renovation of schools.
- Under the MoU on health, India will construct a surgical unit at the Batticaloa Teaching Hospital in the island nation's Eastern province and supply medical equipment. In the second MoU, India will aid in the renovation of 27 schools in the Northern Province.
ICICI Academy aims to impart skills training to one lakh youth by 2017
- The academy and the RSETIs will train close to 45,000 candidates in the 2017 fiscal and take the total number of trained youth to over a lakh.
- The academy has in the last two years (since inception in 2013) trained 25,200 youths (of which 32 per cent were women) belonging to the economically weaker sections.
- It has set up 22 centres across the country (including 10 centres exclusively for training of women).
NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell died
- NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who was the sixth man to walk on the Moon, died in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- The lunar module pilot on Apollo 14 died at the age of 85.
- His death occurred on the eve of the 45th anniversary of his lunar landing, which took place on 5 February 1971.