UAE’s ADNOC to store crude oil in India’s Strategic Petroleum Reserves
- The UAE’s national oil company Abu Dhabi National Oil (ADNOC) Company has agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden Strategic Petroleum Reserves (SPRs) storage.
NATO, EU sign agreement on Cyber Defence Cooperation
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and European Union (EU) have signed an agreement to improve Cooperation in Cyber Defence to counter modern forms of hybrid warfare.
Abu Dhabi Crown Prince arrives in India
- In his first State visit, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of UAE armed forces Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayad Al Nahayan arrived India.
World’s largest concentrated solar plant opened in Morocco
- The Noor Ouarzazate Solar Complex, world’s largest solar power plant opened in the Souss-Massa-Drâa area in Morocco, 10 km from Ouarzazate town.
India ranks 37/38 in new US Chamber IP index
- India is placed at a poor second last position in the US Chamber of Commerce’s latest IP index for not following international best practices in patent protection as the body said it is yet to see the government’s “rhetoric” translate into “concrete action”.
National Arogya Fair-2016 concluded at Dehradun
- The 4-day National Arogya Fair concluded successfully on 8 February 2016 at Dehradun in Uttarakhand.
De Kock of South Africa became fastest cricketer to make 10 ODI centuries
- Quinton de Kock, the wicketkeeper-batsman of South Africa, the fastest cricketer to make 10 One Day International (ODI) centuries.
IRCTC awarded national innovation award
- IRCTC’s new version of the Next Generation e-Ticketing System (NGET) was awarded gold national award for e-governance 2015-16 in the category of “Innovative Use of ICT by Central Government PSUs”.
Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela appointed as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela was appointed the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court. Justice Waghela, currently serving as the Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court, has been asked to assume charge by 16 February 2016.
India records highest Milk production worldwide
- With 8.63 million tonnes additional production of milk, India recorded the highest milk production this year, though average milk yield per animal has continued to fall to unacceptable levels.
Install GK Digest Android App here