Wipro buys HealthPlan Services
- India’s third largest IT exporter Wipro Limited has acquired US based healthcare technology firm HealthPlan Services for US 460 million dollars.
India, UAE ink 9 bilateral agreements for cooperation in various sectors
- India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) have signed 9 bilateral agreements covering cooperation in the various sectors. These agreements were signed during the second day of Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi official visit to India.
Mukesh Bansal & Ankit Nagori To Quit Flipkart
- Mukesh Bansal, the head of commerce and advertising business and Ankit Nagori, Chief Business Officer of Flipkart has put in his papers.
==>> Install GK Digest Android App here
RBI Tells To Bank Set Aside More For Stressed Loans
- The Reserve Bank of India has directed commercial banks to accelerate provisioning requirement, from April 1, for the existing stock of restructured loans that are showing signs of stress.
Tamar Hahn took charge of Director of United Nations Information Center
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed Tamar Hahn of Israel Director of the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Buenos Aires.
Adele named IFPI Global Recording Artist of 2015
- The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), international music trade body, named Adele the Global Recording Artist of 2015 across all music formats.
Maharashtra tops Internet readiness index: report
- Maharashtra has emerged as the top ranking state in terms of the overall Internet readiness index, followed by Karnataka, Gujarat, Telengana and Tamil Nadu, according to a report released by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
Gujarat to have India’s first disabled-friendly beach
- Gujarat has launched its latest project on making beaches more inclusive for the disabled. The Tithal beach in Valsad district is all set to become the first disabled-friendly beach in India.
Harinder Sidhu appointed Australia’s new Envoy to India
- Harinder Sidhu, a senior career diplomat of Indian origin named Australia’s new High Commissioner to India.
Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passed away
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad is no more. The Lance Naik breathed his last at 11.45 am today at Army’s research and referral hospital in New Delhi.