Archana Ramasundram becomes 1st woman DG of Sashastra Seema Bal
- Senior IPS officer Archana Ramasundram (58) was appointed as the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
K Durga Prasad appointed as DG of CRPF
- Union Government has appointed senior IPS officer K Durga Prasad has Director General (DG) of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). Decision in this regard was taken by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
RBI rates unchanged in 6th bi-monthly monetary policy review
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its sixth bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016 has maintained status quo in key policy interest rate.
India’s first Defence Industrial Park gets nod by DIPP
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) of Union Government have given its final approval to Kerala Government’s approval to set up India’s first Defence Industrial Park at Ottappalam.
Aditya Mehta won 83rd Senior National Snooker Championship
- Aditya Mehta defeated Manan Chandra 6-3 in the final to won the 83rd Senior National Snooker Championship held in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
Install GK Digest Android App here
Shrikanth wins Syed Modi International Championships
- Ace Indian shuttler K. Srikanth has clinched the Men’s Singles title of the Syed Modi International Grand Prix Gold Badminton Championships.
Govt bans zero duty import of capital goods for power plants
- The government today banned duty-free import of capital goods for power generation and transmission projects under the EPCG Scheme.
J K Garg takes over as MD of Corporation Bank
- J K Garg has taken over as Managing Director and CEO of Corporation Bank following the retirement of S R Bansal.
Kamlesh Kumar appointed as Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
- Kamlesh Kumar Pandey was appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of three years.
Fukuoka to host 2021 World Aquatics Championships
- The International Swimming Federation (FINA) announced that the Japanese city of Fukuoka will host the 2021 World Aquatics Championships. And the Qatar capital Doha will host the 2023 event.
Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi appointed as India’s Envoy to Mexico
- Senior IFS officer Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as India’s Ambassador to Mexico. He is currently posted as Joint Secretary (Passport division) in the Union Ministry of External Affairs.
India exported six metro train coaches to Australia
- According to the Union Ministry of Shipping, India has exported six metro coaches to Australia from Mumbai port.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here