February 21: International Mother Language Day
- International Mother Language Day (Bhasha Divas) is being observed across the world on 21 February.
Four Bengali sweets to get GI tag
- West Bengal government is planning to get Geographical Indication (GI) tag for four traditional sweet delicacies of the state.
Italian Novelist Umberto Eco Passed Away At 84
- Umberto Eco, the philosopher cum novelist who is renowned for his work ‘The Name Of The Rose’ demised at the age of 84.he was struggling with cancer and died on Feb 19 night.
Current Affairs AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
Famous Singer Bhubaneshwari Mishra Passes Away
- The famous Odissa singer Bhubaneshwari Mishra passed away at the age of 67 following a sudden cardiac arrest in NewDelhi.
Asian Athletic Indoor Championships
- This weekend gains importance with the Indoor Asian Athletic championships starting in Doha in Qatar.
Brendon Mccullum Sets A New Record With His 54 Ball Ton
- Brendon McCullum the New Zealand skipper sets a new record with his 54 ball ton in his farewell innings against Australia on February 20 in ChristChurch..
Ksheer Scanner to Benefit People
- The union minister for science and technology Harsh Vardhan dedicated the Ksheer Scanner system for people which are used to detect Adulteration in Milk. It was developed by CSIR-CEERI.
Ketan Shukla the new HC Of Botswana
- The 1986 IFS batch officer Dr.Ketan Shukla is appointed as the new High Commissioner to the Republic of Botswana.
Sujan R. Chinoy concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Senior envoy Sujan R Chinoy has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to republic of the Marshall Islands , presently he is serving ambassador to Japan.
Vinay Kumar Singh accredited as the MD of NCRTC
- New Delhi headquartered National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has designated railway officer Vinay Kumar Singh as its Managing Director.
PIB clears India Post’s Rs 800 crore proposal for payments bank
- The Public Investment Board Clears Rs. 800 Crore proposal from India Post to set up Payment Banks, It will be kept before the Cabinet for the final approval within a month.
World Bank to help Rajasthan in energy reforms
- World Bank has pledged to lend to Rajasthan government on energy reforms this decision has been taken in the aftermath of meeting between World Bank’s country Director in India Mr. Onno Ruhl and Rajasthan Chief minister Vasundhara Raje.
All Villages to get Banking Access Zones
- Our government is all set to proffer banking services in every village with the succor of technology and the network of Common Services Centres (CSCs).
“Royal state” and “Heart” of India composed SPVs for Smart Cities
- As per the statement of Ministry of Urban Development, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh have leading the charts in establishing the Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) for the implementation of smart city plans.
Jharkhand State Budget 2016-17 publicized
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das presented Rs 63,502 crore budget for 2016-17 with strong focus on agriculture, curbing tax evasion and women.
PM Initiates Rurban Mission
- PM Narendra Modi launched the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission which is an initiative to transform the rural areas to get an urban look.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here