Yes Bank wins inaugural Green Bond Award in UK
- India’s leading private lender Yes Bank has been awarded inaugural Green Bond Pioneer Award at a ceremony held in London, United Kingdom.
Union Cabinet approves establishment of Atal Innovation Mission and SETU in NITI Aayog
- The Union Cabinet as given its approval for establishment of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) in NITI Aayog.
HL Dattu selected as the new Chairman of NHRC
- Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) HL Dattu is selected as the next Chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). He will have tenure of five years.
Install GK Digest Android App here
KN Vyas took charge as Director of BARC
- Eminent Scientist KN Vyas took charge as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
Afghan cyclist nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Afghanistan’s national women’s cycling team has been nominated for the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize. 118 Italian ministers voted to nominate them for the Nobel Peace Prize.
India’s steel output falls 1.5% in Jan
- Steel production in India fell by 1.5 per cent to 7.4 million tonnes (m.t.) in January 2016 compared with the output in the same month last year.
Beijing overtakes New York City as ‘Billionaire Capital’
- Beijing is the new “Billionaire Capital of the World. The Chinese capital has overtaken the Big Apple as home to the most billionaires 100 to 95 according to Hurun, a Shanghai firm that releases yearly rankings and research about the 1 per cent.
FINO, Reliance Finance to provide credit to rural poor in Maharashtra, MP
- Payments technology company FINO PayTech (FINO) has tied up with Reliance Commercial Finance to provide credit to rural poor in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
Goverdhan Mehta conferred Germany’s prestigious award
- Goverdhan Mehta, a well-known researcher in Chemical Sciences & former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Hyderabad (UoH), has been conferred with Federal Republic of Germany’s prestigious `Cross of the Order of Merit’.
Justice Dinesh Maheshwari sworn-in as Chief Justice of Meghalaya HC
- Justice Dinesh Maheshwari was sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
Govt appoints 3 information commissioners in CIC
- The Center today appointed Amitava Bhattacharyya, , Bimal Julka & Divya Prakash Sinha as information commissioners in the Central Information Commission (CIC)
India to host 3rd Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation
- India will host Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation from 12 April 2016 to save tigers. It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Exercise IBSAMAR begins in Goa
- The fifth edition of exercise IBSAMAR between Brazil, India and South Africa begins in Goa.
Australia rank world No.1 in ICC Test rankings
- In Cricket, Australia has replaced India at the top of the world’s test rankings with a 2-nil test series victory over New Zealand in Christchurch today.