Dinesh Sharma elected as Chairperson of IFAD
- Dinesh Sharma has been unanimously elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Council of International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD).
Twitter launches Position of Strength Campaign to Empower Women
- Micro blogging site Twitter for first time has launched #Position of strength campaign in India to empower women to raise voices against any form of discrimination.
Vinod Rai appointed Chairman of Banks Board Bureau
- Vinod Rai has been appointed first Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau. The BBB (Banks Board Bureau) will advise the government on top-level appointments at public sector lenders and ways to address the bad loans problem among other issues.
Download Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here
Gianni Infantino elected as New FIFA President
- Gianni Infantino (45) of Switzerland has been elected as new President of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), a global governing body of football.
Jenkins named Sports Photographer of the Year
- British national newspaper, The Guardian’s Tom Jenkins was named as the Sports Photographer of the Year at the 2015 Editor’s Guild awards, for a portfolio including picture of Michael Kacer in the men’s shot put 1F1 final at the Invictus Games, London.
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates India’s first Gender Park at Kozhikode
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated India’s first Gender Park at Kozhikode district of Kerala.
Ranveer Singh to get Dinanath Mangeshkar prize
- Bajirao Mastani” actor Ranveer Singh will be honoured with Dinanath Mangeshkar Award in April, says melody queen Lata Mangeshkar.
Vedanta Ltd wins India’s first-ever auction of a gold mine
- Vedanta Ltd has won India’s first-ever auction of a gold mine, a provincial government official said, as the nation opens up the sector to private companies to curb overseas purchases of the metal that cost it $36 billion last year.
K Garudachar, India’s oldest first-class cricketer, passed away
- India’s oldest living first-class cricketer K Garudachar, who represented Mysore (as Karnataka was called till 1974), United Province and Bombay, died in Bangalore on Friday aged 99.
Malayalam director Rajesh Pillai passes away
- The Malayalam film director Rajesh Pillai, on Saturday, passed away at a private hospital located in Kochi.
Wawrinka clinch Dubai ATP Tennis title
- Stan Wawrinka won his ninth straight final with a 6-4, 7-6 (15/13) defeat of Marcos Baghdatis to clinch the Dubai ATP Tennis title.