‘Phum Shang’ bags the Golden Conch Award at MIFF
- Manipuri documentary film ‘Phum Shang’ won the coveted Golden Conch Award for the best documentary at the 14th Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF).
Aruna Sethi appointed as first women head of ICaAs
- Aruna Sethi, took over charge as the head of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS). With this appointment, she became the first woman to occupy the post.
Install GK Digest Android App
Pandit Ram Narayan selected for Bhimsen Joshi Award
- Sarangi maestro Pandit Ram Narayan was selected for the prestigious Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Classical Music Award for 2015-2016.
World Cancer Day observed on 4th Feb
- World Cancer Day (WCD) 2016 observed today across the world. The day was observed with year’s theme – We can. I can.
India Develops World’s First Zika Vaccine
- Bharat Biotech, Hyderabad based vaccines and bio-therapeutic manufacturer, claimed to have achieved a breakthrough in developing a vaccine to fight the dreaded mosquito-borne Zika virus.
CSIR launches India’s first ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug – BGR-34
- The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) launched the country’s first anti-diabetic ayurvedic drug for type two Diabetes mellitus.
DJ Pandian appointed AIIB Vice-President
- Former chief secretary of Gujarat DJ Pandian has been appointed vice-president and chief investment officer of the newly-created Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here