PM Narendra Modi inaugurates NISER campus in Odisha
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the permanent campus of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) in Jatani near Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Noted Political Cartoonist Sudhir Tailang passes away
- Famous political cartoonist Sudhir Tailang, passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana after battling with brain cancer for a long time.
US Astronaut Edgar Mitchell passes away
- United States (US) Astronaut Edgar Mitchell passed away Lake Worth, Florida under hospice care.
In a First, NDRF trains 160 dogs for disaster response
- In a maiden initiative, a squad of 162 dogs is being raised by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to aid its personnel in rescuing people trapped under debris in the aftermath of natural calamities like earthquake.
Install GK Digest Android App to download GK notes
Geographical Indication tag for Basmati rice of 7 states approved
- This GI tag will be issued to basmati rice variety grown in 7 states in the Indo-Gangetic Plains (IGP) on the foothills of the Himalayas.
Project Sunrise launched for prevention of AIDS in NE states
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has launched Project Sunrise on for prevention of AIDS specially among people injecting drugs in the 8 North-Eastern states.
Union Govt to set up National Organic Farming Research Institute in Sikkim
- The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has decided to set up the National Organic Farming Research Institute (NOFRI) in Sikkim.
International Fleet Review 2016 kick starts in Vizag
- The International Fleet Review (IFR) 2016, an international military exercise hosted and conducted by Indian Navy was inaugurated in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
Sushma Swaraj inaugurated Rise of Digital India Exhibition in Colombo
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on 6 February 2016 inaugurated the Rise of Digital India Exhibition in Colombo. The exhibition was a part of Sangam -The Festival of India in Sri Lanka 2015-16.
Zimbabwe's President declared a state of disaster in rural parts of the country
- Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe on 5 February 2016 declared a state of disaster in rural parts of the country hit by a drought.