India, Australia Ink Pact To Avoid Double Social Security Contribution
- India and Australia ink pact to avoid double social security contribution Under this agreement, employees of India deputed to Australia and vice versa will not have to make double social security contribution.
Download sure shot notes for RRBInstall GK Digest Android App here
Russia gets its own Rating Firm – ACRA
- Vladimir Putin’s homegrown credit-ratings firm is up and running.
- Moody’s last week announced it would shutter its joint venture in Moscow of 12 years and Fitch said it will probably stop issuing local ratings on Russian companies, the same day ACRA, which stands for Analytical Credit Rating Agency, applied for a license to operate in Russia.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Krishi Unnati Mela in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate three-day 'Krishi Unnati Mela' providing information on new farm schemes and technologies that will help farmers double their incomes within the next few years.
- National fair, from March 19-21, will have separate workshops on key schemes like Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojana, e-agriculture marketing, integrated farming system, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojan, soil health and livestock issues. Indian Overseas Bank Has Become The 1st Bank To Sell Indian Gold Coins
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has become the first bank to commence the sale of Indian Gold Coin (IGC) in the domestic market.
- It has tied up with Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India (MMTC) for the sale of IGC of 24 carat purity.
- The Indian Gold Coin has the national emblem "the Ashok Chakra" engraved on one side and the face of Mahatma Gandhi on the other side.
Indian Professor Appointed 56th President Of International Studies Association
- An Indian Professor has become the president of a scholarly group in the US dedicated to international studies.
- Professor TV Paul took over as the 56th president of International Studies Association (ISA), at its annual convention at Atlanta, Georgia this week.
Tikka Shatrujit Singh knighted with top French award
- Tikka Shatrujit Singh, chief representative in Asia for French multinational LVMH (Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton) and advisor to the chairman of Louis Vuitton, has spearheaded the development of Louis Vuitton’s business in India.
- Tikka Shatrujit Singh, the royal scion of Kapurthala’s Ahluwalia dynasty, has been conferred with the prestigious Knight of the Legion of Honour for his “extraordinary work in the exchanging the French lifestyle and Indian culture with each other.”
Tenth Asian Film Awards : Complete List of Winners
The 10th edition of Asian Film Awards (AFA), which was held at the Venetian Theatre in Macau, China, honoured diverse talents across Asian cinema.
Awards won by Assassin- Assassin wins more than half of the 15 awards presented in the Asian film awards :-
- Best Film: The Assassin
- Best Director: Hou Hsiao-Hsien for The Assassin
- Best Actress: Shu Qi for The Assassin
- Best Supporting Actress: Zhou Yun for The Assassin
- Best Cinematography: Mark Lee Ping-bing for The Assassin
- Best Production Design: Hwarng Wern-ying for The Assassin
- Best Original Music: Lim Giong for The Assassin
- Best Sound: Chu Shih-yi, Tu Duu-chih and Wu Shu-yao for The Assassin
- Best Actor: Lee Byung-hun for The Inside Men
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here