ICC suspends Bangladesh bowlers Taskin Ahmed and Arafat Sunny for illegal bowling action
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has suspended Bangladesh bowlers Taskin Ahmed and Arafat Sunny for bowling with an illegal action with an immediate effect.
21 March: International Day of Forests
- Every year 21st March is being observed as International Day of Forests to raise awareness of the importance of all types of forests and of trees outside forests.
Badminton: HS Prannoy wins the 2016 Swiss Open men's singles
- India's fourth highest ranked men's badminton player HS Prannoy won the men's singles title at the 2016 Swiss Open in Basel, defeating his opponent Germany's Marc Zwiebler in straight sets 21-18 21-15 in the final.
Read Current Affairs in Real timeInstall GK Digest Android App here
Pfizer appoints S.Sridhar as MD
- Pharmaceutical major Pfizer appointed S Sridhar as its new Managing Director (MD) with immediate effect for a period of five years.
Lori Robinson-the First female US Army Combatant Commander
- USA has named its first female army combatant commander to be Lori Robinson. The position is one of the most senior in the US military and she was nominated by the President Barack Obama.
Hinduja brothers top the Rich Asian’s List
- The Hinduja brothers have emerged as the richest Asian-origin entrepreneurs in Britain for the fourth consecutive year with an estimated personal fortune of 16.5 billion pounds.
Chhattisgarh Disburses 1800 crores for MUDRA
- The Chhattisgarh government has disbursed Rs 1, 821-crore loans to several beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana (PMMY)
Sistema Shyam shareholders approve merger with Reliance Communications
- Shareholders of telecom operator Sistema Shyam Teleservices (SSTL), which runs the MTS brand, today approved the merger of the company with Reliance Communications in a meeting convened by the Rajasthan High Court.
Anupam Shrivastava to continue as BSNL CMD for full tenure
- Anupam Shrivastava will continue as Chairman and Managing Director of state-run BSNL for another four years following the government's decision after review of his first year of performance at the PSU's helm
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here