Former Intel CEO Andrew Grove passes away
- Intel’s former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman Andrew Grove passed due to away Parkinson’s disease.
DownloadsInstall GK Digest Android App here
NTPC starts 250 MW unit in Bihar
- NTPC Ltd said that it has commissioned Unit I of 250 MW capacity of the Nabinagar Thermal Power Station in Bihar.
Reliance Defence to design, develop weapons, sensors for Navy
- The Reliance Defence and Engineering Ltd (RDEL), which was previously known as Pipavav Defence, has decided to further diversify into design and development of naval weapons and sensors, which cost about 60 per cent of a weapons platform.
Sundarbans becomes no-pollution zone
- To ensure minimum damage to the ecosystem of the Sundarbans during this polling season, the district administration and political parties have decided to minimise the carbon footprint in the islands.
India Post releases customised ‘My Stamp’ on HAL
- India Post has released a customised commemorative stamp on Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in recognition of the company’s 75 years services to the nation.
Indian economy to grow 7.7% in 2016-17: ICRA
- Rating agency ICRA has projected Indian economic growth to improve to 7.7 per cent in next fiscal, led by domestic consumption demand on the back of implementation of 7th Pay Commission and OROP recommendations.
Samantha Gash to run for education in India
- Samantha Gash an Australian marathon runner will embark on a 76-day-long-run from Jaisalmer to Meghalaya to raise funds for the education focused initiatives in India.
SBI leads mobile banking chart with over 38% market share
- State Bank of India the nation’s largest lender, is also the leader in digital banking in the country in both volume and value terms, handling over 38 per cent mobile banking transactions a month.
India to host 8th BRICS Summit in Goa
- India will host the eighth annual Summit of BRICS from October 15-16 in Goa in its capacity as chair of the influential bloc comprising five countries with 42 per cent of the world population and combined GDP of over $16 trillion.