World Tuberculosis day: 24 March
- World TB Day, falling on March 24th each year. This time the Theme is "Unite to End TB".
Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest apps here
Union cabinet approved 9000 for swachh Bhaarat mission
- The government of India has approved a $1.5 billion (approximate Rs 9,000 crore) to support Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) in rural areas.
AROGYA Fair To Be Commence From March 26
- The 4 days National AROGYA fair is going to be started from 26 March in Goa. The fair will be organised by AYUSH Ministry and Confederation of Indian industry.
Indian Coast Guard Vessel Arnvesh Commissioned
- The Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV), ICGS Arnvesh, of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was commissioned in Visakhapatnam.
Bajaj finance enters life care sector
- Shares of Bajaj Finance went up by nearly 4 per cent today the company is entering the Rs 20,000-crore life care segment.
South Indian Bank gets ISO 9001:2008 certification
- The South Indian Bank has announced that its personnel department has achieved the ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Nepal becomes Shanghai dialogue partner
- After a long wait, Nepal has officially become a dialogue partner of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation with the signing of a memorandum.
India France to construct six new nuclear reactors at jaitapur
- India and France have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for construction of six nuclear reactors at Jaitapur in Maharashtra, two months after the two countries decided to conclude the techno-commercial negotiations for the project by the year end.
Actor VD Rajappan passed away
- Kadhaprasangam maestro and actor VD Rajappan has passed away at a private hospital in Kottayam.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here