Renowned Author Jim Harrison Has Passed Away
- Jim Harrison, the great writers in contemporary American fiction has passed away at his home in Patagonia, Arizona. He was the prolific author and poet.
Download Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android Application here
USAID, ADB sign ‘Develop Solar Parks’ MoU
- The US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed an MoU to facilitate USD 848 million (Rs. 5,681 crore) in funding to develop solar parks across India.
Rakesh Mohan joins Nestle India Board
- Appointed Dr. Rakesh Mohan as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from May 01, 2016 upto June 30, 2020.
Pallavi Fauzdar Becomes 1st Solo Woman To Ride Across Mana Pass
- Agra Biker Pallavi Fauzdar, became the first solo woman to ride across the Mana Pass in Uttarakhand and made a record in the Limca Book.
Myanmar gets its first public listing
- After a delay of more than 20 years, Myanmar’s stock exchange opened for its first day of business, with the trading of a single company.
US museum returns 10th century Rama statue to Cambodia
- United States returned an ancient decapitated statue of Hindu god Rama stolen from Cambodia during the South East Asian country’s civil war in the 70s.
Government to launch Gram Uday to Bharat Uday Abhiyan from 14th to 24th April, 2016
- In the period between 14th April to 24th April 2016, the Central Government, in collaboration with States and Panchayats, will organize a ‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ (Village Self Governance Campaign).
India to host 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for holding of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Under-17 World Cup to be held in India in 2017.
Govt plans to infuse Rs. 5,050 crore in PSU banks
- Government is planning to infuse additional capital of about Rs. 5,050 crore in some public sector banks this week, according to reports.
Prime Minister To Launch "Stand Up India" Scheme On 5th Of April
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to inaugurate the 'Stand Up India' scheme on 5th April.
World Bank approved $100 million loan to Jordan
- Jordan will get a cheap $100 million loan from World Bank to help create 100,000 jobs for Syrian refugees and its own citizen.