Modi Reaches Brussels for India-EU Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Brussels on the first leg of his three-nation tour to Belgium, the US and Saudi Arabia.
- During the course of the visit Modi will attend the India-EU summit and the global nuclear security summit in the US.
Read exclusive notes on the goInstall GK Digest Android App here
ArunJaitley Launches 'Make In India' Conference In Sydney
- Finance Minister ArunJaitley has launched Make in India conference in Sydney and asked Australian businesses to be the part of India's growth story.
India ranks third globally in financial Trojan infections
- India ranks third among countries with high number of financial Trojan infections, where cybercriminals defraud customers of online banking services, security solutions firm Symantec said.
Government Permits 100% FDI in Online Marketplaces
- The government permitted 100% FDI in the marketplace format of e-commerce retailing with a view to attract more foreign investors.
- As per the guidelines issued by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) on FDI in e-commerce, foreign direct investment (FDI) has not been allowed in inventory-based model of e-commerce.
Registration Of 22 NBFCs Has Been Cancelled By RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said in a statement that it has cancelled registration of 22 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) including Amazan Capital and Mascot Commerce.
ManoharParrikar flags off India’s first indigenous Sonar Dome
- India’s first indigenous composites sonar dome, a ship’s underwater eyes and ears, was flagged off by Defence Minister ManoharParrikar from here to be delivered to Mazgaon docks in Mumbai.
UNICEF Launches “Unfairy Tales” Of Refugee And Migrant Children
- UNICEF launched a series of animated films to help frame positive perceptions towards the tens of millions of children and young people on the move globally, Called Unfairy Tales.
- The three animations – true stories of the flight of children from conflict – explain the horror behind why they fled.
Islam as state religion of Bangladesh
- Bangladesh’s top court has rejected a 28-year-old petition to remove Islam as official religion of the country.
- While the South Asian nation’s Islamists rejoice, analysts say the move is a setback for secular forces.
NTT Data to Buy Dell’s IT-Services Arm
- Japan’s major NTT Data has acquired Dell Services, the IT services arm of PC maker Dell. According to various media reports the deal is valued at over $3 billion.
Reliance Defence, Israel’s Rafael to set up missile, air defence JV
- Anil Ambani-led Reliance Defence has inked a pact with Israel's Rafael Advanced Defence System.
GVK sells stake in Bangalore International Airport to Fairfax
- GVK Power and Infrastructure Ltd has agreed to sell a 33% stake in Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) to India-born Canadian billionaire PremWatsa’s Fairfax India Holdings Corp.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd for Rs.2,149 crore, seeking to raise money to repay debt.