Government cancels IRB Contract
- Union Government has cancelled the contract for the Rs. 10,050 crore Zojila Pass Tunnel Building Project
- Mumbai based IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited said that the Ministry of Road and Transport & Highways cancelled the letter of award without citing any reasons.
Download Exclusive Notes HereInstall GK Digest Android App here
World Wildlife Day observed today
- Every year 3rd March is being observed as World Wildlife Day (WWD) to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild fauna and flora.
SanjivKapoor named Vistara’s new chief strategy office
- SanjivKapoor has been appointed as Chief strategy and commercial officer succeeds Giam Ming Toh who is returning to Singapore airlines on completion of his term. Sanjiv will be responsible for in-flight services and ground operations also oversee strategic planning and commercial operations.
MrugankParanjape appointed as MD and CEO of MCX
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX), the country’s largest commodity exchange, on 29 February 2016 appointed Mrugank Paranjape as its Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Office (CEO).
CCS gives nod to acquire 2 AWACS from Israel
- Cabinet Committee on security gives nod to acquire two advanced Israeli Phalcon AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) from Israel.
- This decision is taken in the meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi also prior to the PM’s Visit to Russia and Israel scheduled later this year.
London world’s most expensive city: Surve
According to a UK real estate firm Savills survey, London is the world’s most expensive city to live and work in, ahead of New York and Hong Kong.
JualOram Launches New Website of NCST
- The new website will be a tool of source for students, media and the common man, the site would come with interactive section, mobile app and customer focused Toll free interactive service.
Meghalaya to bid for 2022 National Games
- Meghalaya Government has decided to bid for 2022 National Games after the successful host of 12th south Asian Games concluded recently in the state.Meghalaya government proposes to bid for Nation Games in 2022. The sports ministry is emphasized that potential of talented sportspersons available in the Northeastern region of the country.
ICC suspended Aaron Phangiso for illegal bowling action
- International Cricket Council (ICC) banned South Africa left-arm spinner Aaron Phangiso from bowling. He was banned after his bowling action, which exceeded 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under the regulations, was found illegal.
IFC launches Uridashi Masala Bonds
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the investment arm of the World Bank has launched its first Uridashi Masala Bonds (Japanese bonds).
- These masala bonds were launched to mobilise 30 crore rupees from Japanese retail investors and will be sold to Japanese household investors.