MoU between Indian Army and Induslnd Bank
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Indian Army and Hinduja Grouped Induslnd Bank on the Defence Salary package.
- The signing ceremony of MoU was headed by Lt Gen Rakesh Sharma and the Dignitaries from Induslnd bank headed by Anil M Rao Head-General Banking Operations.
- The first MoU was signed earlier in 2011 was valid for a period of three years, this MoU revised to suit the requirements of serving soldiers also provide them opportunity to access modern banking facilities.
Get free notesInstall GK Digest Android Application here
TCS chief N Chandrasekaran appointed to board of Reserve Bank
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) CEO and managing director Natarajan Chandrasekaran and two others were on Friday appointed as non-official directors to the board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved appointment of former Chief Secretary of Gujarat Sudhir Mankad as part-time non-official director on the central board of the RBI for a period of four years, an order issued by Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said.
River Information System Like ATC To Be Launched For Inland Waterways Traffic
- The Government has launched a River Information System (RIS) between Haldia and Farakka stretch of the National Waterway-1 (NW-1) on 06.01.2016.
- The system enhances swift electronic data transfer between mobile vessels and shore (Base stations) through advance and real-time exchange of information.
15 States have Joined UDAY Scheme
- The Finance Ministry Arun jaitley has given permission to Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh to issue the bonds as part of the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).
- The Ministry of Finance and the RBI are working out the mode of these bond issues.
- Six States have already signed agreements to finalise their participation in the UDAY scheme including Bihar.
PepsiCo Named As New Associate Sponsor Of BCCI
Beverage giants PepsiCo has named as the new associate sponsor of BCCI , which was earlier pulled out as title sponsors of the Indian Premier League in October.
- BCCI has named it as BCCI's official associate sponsor for all international matches in India.
- The both entered into a 4 year partnership for refreshment, snacks and drinks besides grounds where the firm will try to garner maximum visibility for their brands.
Chapchar Kut Festival Celebrated Across Mizoram
- The traditional festival of Chapchar Kut of the Mizos was celebrated across the north-eastern state of Mizoram and also in the Mizo-inhabited areas in the neighbouring states.
- It is a spring festival celebrated every year in month of March.
Anirban Lahiri Jumps To 9th Spot At World Golf Championships
- Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri turned in a second successive two-under 70 and jumped into the top-10 at tied ninth at the midway stage of the $9.5 million WGC Cadillac Championships.
- Lahiri, who had three birdies -- two of them in last three holes and one bogey, is still six shots behind the leader, Adam Scott, who is looking to make it two wins in two weeks Lahiri broke into the top 100 in the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in March 2014 following a consistent season which included two victories on the Asian Tour.
- Lahiri learned to play golf at the age of eight from his father, Dr. Tushar Lahiri, a physician with the armed forces who was also a recreational golfer.
Pat Conroy, Prince of Tides And Great Santini Author, Dies At 70
- Donald Patrick "Pat" Conroy was a New York Times bestselling author who has written several acclaimed novels and memoirs.
- Two of his novels, The Prince of Tides and The Great Santini, were made into Oscar-nominated films.
- Born in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, he was the eldest of seven children (five boys and two girls) born to Marine Colonel Donald Conroy, of Chicago, and the former Frances "Peggy" Peek of Alabama.
Congress MLA R. Venkat Reddy Passes Away
- Telangana Congress Former Minister Ramreddy Venkat Reddy passed away yesterday. He was undergoing with the treatment for cancer He was 72.
- Mr. Reddy was a 5 time MLA from Khammam District. The veteran leader, who was also Chairman of Public Accounts Committee of Telangana Assembly, was a Minister in Congress Governments led by Y S Rajasekhar Reddy and Kiran Kumar Reddy in undivided Andhra Pardesh.
- After the constituency was demerged, he shifted to Palair and won with comfortable majority in the 2014 elections.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here