Rajya Sabha Passes Real Estate Bill
- The Rajya Sabha passed a landmark Real Estate Bill with a promise to secure the interests of home buyers and developers in equal measure and remove corruption and inefficiency from the sector.
Download Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android App
Ex SC Judge Balbir Singh Chauhan Appointed As Chairman Of 21st Law Commission Of India
- The Union Government has appointed the former Supreme Court Judge justice Balbir Singh Chauhan as the Chairman of 21st Law Commission of India (LCI).
ICICI Bank launched a credit-linked subsidy scheme
- Country’s largest private sector lender ICICI Bank launched a credit-linked subsidy scheme for home loans under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
Hyundai Is Now the Official Partner of BCCI
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has entered into a 4 year partnership with Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) as an associate sponsor for all international matches at home. Hyundai is a Korean car maker.
Kangana Ranaut Has Become The Brand Ambassador Of Reebok India
- The renowned Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut has announced as the brand ambassador of Reebok India. On the occasion the actress has also launched the new campaign of the brand titled “Be More Human”.
Rajya Sabha Passes National Waterways Bill
- The Upper House of the Parliament passed The National Waterways Bill, 2015, which was tabled in Lok Sabha on May 5, 2015 by the Minister of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping, Mr. NitinGadkari.
Project Mausam Of M/O Culture Aims To Explore Multi-Faceted Indian Ocean World
- Project Mausam is the initiative of Ministry of Culture which is to be implemented by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) as the nodal agency with research support of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and National Museum as associate bodies.
India To Launch 25 Foreign Satellites This Year
- India will launch 25 foreign satellites belonging to seven countries. The list is topped by the USA in 2016-17.
Egyptian Diplomat Ahmed Abul Gheit Named As Secretary General Of Arab League
- Veteran Egyptian diplomat Ahmed Abul Gheit (73) has been selected as Secretary General of the Arab League.
Jean Arnault of France to Head New UN Mission in Colombia
- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed veteran U.N. envoy Jean Arnault of France to head the new U.N. political mission in Colombia that will monitor and verify a future cease-fire between the government and the country's largest rebel group.
NITI Aayog Launches 'Women Transforming India' Campaign
- The NITI Aayog (GOIs premier think tank) has launched the Women Transforming India initiative on 8th March the International Women's Day in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here