Post Office account holders can operate their accounts from any branch
- Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that customers with Post Office savings can now operate their accounts from more than 20 thousand branches as they have been connected with core banking facility.
Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android App
Nobel laureate Lloyd S. Shapley passed away
- Lloyd S. Shapley, a researcher of strategic decision-making called “game theory” who had won the 2012 Nobel Prize in economics, passed away.
Food and Hospitality fair, AAHAR 2016 inaugurates in New Delhi
- Food processing industries minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal today inaugrated international food and hospitality fair, AAHAR 2016 In New Delhi.
RBI likely to pay Rs 57,000 crore in dividends to government in 2016-17
- The Reserve Bank of India is likely to pay the government Rs 57,000 crore in dividends in 2016-17, slightly less than the amount it paid in the current fiscal but much higher than that in earlier years.
ICICI Bank launches contactless mobile pay solution ‘iTap’
- ICICI Bank has launched country’s first contactless mobile payment solution ‘iTap’ through which its customers will be able to make payments by waving their cell phones near a contactless merchant terminal.
ExoMars 2016 spacecraft successfully launched by Europe & Russia
- An unmanned spacecraft named ExoMars 2016 was successfully launched jointly Europe and Russia to search for biosignatures on Mars (or Martian life) in past or present.
First ever Paralympics Games begins in Arunachal Pradesh
- The first ever Paralympics Games in Arunachal Pradesh kicks off at Sangay Lhaden Sports Academy, Chimpu, in Itanagar today.
Mother Teresa to be made a saint on Sept 4
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta, a nun who dedicated her life to helping the poor, will be made a saint of the Roman Catholic Church at a ceremony on Sept. 4, Pope Francis announced today.
Bangladesh’s bank governor resigns on $81 million cyber theft
- In Bangladesh, the Reserve Bank Governor Atiur Rahman has resigned following a $ 80 million cyber theft from the Bank’s Reserve Fund Account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
World Consumer Rights Day observed today
- Every year World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD) is being observed on 15 March for celebration and solidarity within the international consumer movement.
Center releases Rs 609 cr for upgrading prisons in eight States
- The Center has released 609 crore rupees for upgrading prisons in eight States as recommended by the Thirteenth Finance Commission.
Booker prize-winner Anita Brookner passed away
- The Booker prize-winning British author and renowned art historian Anita Brookner has died at the age of 87.
Htin Kyaw elected as first civilian President of Myanmar
- Myanmar’s Parliament elected Htin Kyaw (69) as the first civilian (non-military) President of the country after 53 years of military rule.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here