British astronomers discover largest sample of 9 monster stars
- British astronomers have discovered largest sample cluster of nine monster stars named as R136 using NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope.
Union Government unveils Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016
- The Union Government has unveiled a Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016 for granting permission for construction of buildings.
Surat, Beas India’s cleanest railway stations
- The Surat railway station has been named the cleanest in India in the A1 category while Beas was named the cleanest in A category by a survey conducted by the Indian Railways.
Read Current Affairs in Real TimeInstall GK Digest Android App here
Internet cut in Rohtak over Jat unrest concerns
- The Haryana government has blocked internet services in Rohtak as a precautionary measure over concerns of a fresh Jat agitation in the state.
Former Mossad Director Meir Dagan passes away
- Former Director of Israel’s intelligence agency Mossad Meir Dagan passed away due to liver cancer.
SC allows pictures of CM, Governor in govt ads
- The Supreme Court allowed the use of pictures of Chief Ministers, Governors and Cabinet ministers in the government’s media advertisements.
India to set up Rabindranath Tagore Memorial in Sri Lanka
- As part of its development partnership with Sri Lanka in the field of higher education, India will set up a Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium in the University of Ruhuna at Matara in South Sri Lanka.
Interest rate on PPF slashed from 8.7% to 8.1%
- The government today cut the interest rates payable on small savings including Public Provident Fund, PPF and Kisan Vikas Patra KVP to align them closer to market rates.
EU strikes deal with Turkey to return migrants
- The European Union (EU) on Friday finalised a deal with Turkey, wherein all migrants arriving in Greece will be sent back to Turkey starting Sunday.
World Sleep Day’ celebrated today
- The ninth ‘World Sleep Day’ was observed today to celebrate healthy sleep and draw attention towards its related issues including medicine, education and social aspects.