Former NZ cricket captain Martin Crowe passes away
- Former New Zealand cricket captain Martin Crowe passed away in Auckland, New Zealand after a long battle with cancer.
Three British scientists win 2016 Brain Prize
- Three British scientists have won a prestigious 2016 Grete Lundbeck European Brain Research Prize (also known as Brain Prize) for giving vital insight how the human brain remembers, learns and navigates.
Five Indian women among Forbes World’s Billionaires List
- Five Indian women have made it to the Forbes list of world’s richest people in the world, which saw 190 women billionaires.
Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here for downloading exclusive notes
Ratan Thiyam named for 11th META theatre award
- Veteran playwright and director Ratan Thiyam named for Lifetime Achievement Award of the 11th edition of the Mahindra Excellence Theatre Awards (META).
Bhagwati Lal Vyas selected for Bihari Puraskar 2015
- Eminent poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas has been chosen for the 2015 Bihari Puraskar for his anthology of Rajasthani poems ‘Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad’.
India signed MoU with World Bank for Madhya Pradesh Higher Education
- India signed a financing agreement for IDA credit of 300 US dollars for the Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Quality Improvement Project with the World Bank.
Portugal nominated ex-refugee chief Antonio Guterres for UN Secretary-General
- Portugal Government nominated former Portuguese Prime Minister and head of the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) Antonio Guterres as a candidate for General Secretary at United Nations.
India at 90th rank in terms of energy security
- India has been ranked at the 90th place in a list of 126 countries compiled by WEF on the basis of their ability to deliver secure, affordable and sustainable energy.
Raisina Dialogue started in New Delhi
- India's maiden version of famous 'Singapore-based Shangrila Dialogue' — Raisina Dialogue —organised here between March 1-3 and seen participation from top leaders and ministers of the region and beyond debating Asia's future.