Germany to develop Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Coimbatore as Smart Cities
- Germany has decided to partner with India’s smart city programme and will help developing Kochi (Kerala), Bhubaneswar (Odisha) and Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) as smart cities.
Air India operates world’s longest all-women flight
- National carrier Air India successfully flew the World’s longest all-woman operated and supported flight from the national capital New Delhi to San Francisco (United States).
PM selects Nagepur village in Varanasi for development under SAGY
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has selected Nagepur village for adoption in his Varanasi Constituency of U.P. for development under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY).
Download Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android App
E-mail inventor Ray Tomlinson passes away
- E-mail inventor, Ray Tomlinson, passed away in Washington yesterday. He was 74 years old.
Capital Area Bank first to get small finance bank licence from RBI
- Jalandhar based Capital Local Area Bank (CLAB) Limited became the first financial entity in India to get Small Financial Bank Licence by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passes away
- Renowned Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passed away at Kochi, Kerala due to liver and kidney failure.
NTPC signs MoU for research with IIT Delhi
- NTPC and the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, have signed a memorandum of understanding for research and development in areas of mutual interest such as simulation and modelling, heat transfer and thermal process, artificial intelligence, solar and renewable integration, and other such areas.
Patna Pirates wins 3rd season of Pro Kabaddi League
- Patna Pirates has won the third season of Star Sports Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) by defeating U Mumbai.
Indian men’s & women’s teams win gold medals at World TT C’ship
- Indian men’s and women’s teams scripted history by clinching the gold medals at the World Table Tennis Team Championship in Kuala Lumpur.
Ford gets nod for tech, business centre in Tamil Nadu SEZ
- Ford Motor Pvt Ltd has got the government’s green signal to set up a global technology and business centre in an IT/ITES Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Tamil Nadu.
Tata Motors in pact for Indian Army’s combat vehicles programme
- Tata Motors has joined hands with Bharat Forge and US-based General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) to manufacture a combat vehicle for the Indian Army.
Padma Sachdev awarded 2015 Krutitava Smagra Samman
- Renowned Dogri poetess and writer Padma Sachdev has been awarded prestigious Krutitava Smagra Samman for the year 2015.
World Cup T20: R-Jio to give free WiFi at 6 stadiums
- Telecom operator Reliance Jio will provide free WiFi services at six cricket stadiums during the upcoming T20 World Cup matches.
SBI among 4 new foreign banks allowed to operate in Myanmar
- The State Bank of India is among four new foreign banks given preliminary approval to open 100 per cent-owned branches in Myanmar, the latest move by the Southeast Asian nation to woo investment to the country long ruled by the military and hit by Western sanctions.