Govt to Create 2.5 Lakh Dalit Entrepreneurs Under Stand Up India
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the Stand up India Start up India initiative in New Delhi in January.
- The launch by the prime minister was done at the virtual exhibition and interaction with Startup entrepreneurs.
- Government will provide business loans to SC/ST entrepreneurs.
Download Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android app here
Fourth unit of NTPC-Bihar govt owned 195-Mw plant synchronized
- The 4th unit of 195-Mw Muzaffarpur Thermal Power Station (MTPS) has been successfully synchronised with the national grid.
- The plant is owned by Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Ltd, a joint venture between NTPC and Bihar State Power Generation Company Ltd, in which the two companies have 64.57% and 35.43% shares.
Actor Peter Brown passes away
- Peter Brown, who had starring roles in two television westerns in the 1950s and ’60s and later acted in soap operas, has died at the age of 80 due to Parkinson’s disease.
- Mr. Brown played Deputy Johnny McKay on “Lawman,” which was seen on ABC from 1958 until 1962. His character was the wide-eyed but tough sidekick of Marshal Dan Troop, played by John Russell, tasked with bringing order to Laramie, Wyo.
New Report Reveals the Countries With the Best and Worst Internet Speeds
- Asia is home to the fastest internet connection in the world with South Korea leading the pack with average connection speed of 27.6 MBPS .
- The average connection in the continent is also the fastest average connection in the world according to the Q4 analysis of global internet speeds by Akamai in its latest State of the Internet Report.