Centre Recommends Rs. 1,304 Crore For Drought Relief To UP
- The Centre has recommended 1,304 crore rupees for drought relief to Uttar Pradesh under National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF).
- The decision has been taken by a high-level committee headed by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
Download exclusive notes on appInstall GK Digest Android App here
BSNL Testing Wi-Fi Technology to Connect 1 Lakh Panchayats in a Year
- As the government's rural broadband project is facing long delays, telecom PSU BSNL is testing an alternative WiFi-based network to connect about 1 lakh village panchayats in a year with high-speed Internet.
Pakistan successfully test-fires anti-ship ‘Zarb’ missile
- Pakistan Navy has successfully test-fired shore-based anti-ship missile 'Zarb', bolstering its defence mechanism.
UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2016 Received By Khadija Ismayilova
- An investigative journalist from Azerbaijan, Khadija Ismayilova has been chosen to receive the 2016 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
Centre Constitutes B Tandon Committee to Monitor Government Advertisements
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry has constituted a three-member panel, headed by former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) BB Tandon, to see that guidelines set for government advertisements by the Supreme Court are followed.
Priyanka Chopra To Be Awarded With Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2016
- Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation has announced that Priyanka Chopra to be conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2016 in best actress of the year category.
Danny Willett Won US Masters Golf 2016 Championship
- Danny Willett has won the US Masters Golf Championship for the year 2016 at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
Lee Chong Wei Has Won Malaysian Open 2016
- Malaysia's badminton maestro Lee Chong Wei has defeated China's Chen Long to win Malaysian Open 2016 in men's singles title at at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
China Successfully Launches Retrievable Satellite
- China launched a retrievable scientific research satellite in a bid to aid scientists to study micro-gravity and space life science.