India world’s largest remittance recipient in 2015: World Bank
- India remained the world’s largest remittance recipient in 2015 despite experiencing a one billion US dollar drop from the previous year.
Download exclusive notes on appInstall GK Digest Android App here
PM Modi launched Gram Uday Se Bharat UdayAbhiyan
- PM Narendra Modi today launched Gram Uday Se Bharat UdayAbhiyan on 125th birth anniversary of Dr. BhimRaoAmbedkar at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
Bernie Sanders Wins TIME 100 Reader’s Poll
- Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders has won Time magazine’s readers’ poll of the world’s 100 most influential people, garnering more than three times as many votes as his rival Hillary Clinton.
Nauru becomes 189th member of IMF, World Bank
- The Republic of Nauru, a tiny South Pacific island nation in Pacific Ocean became the 189th member of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank.
India ranks 44th in 2016 Global Connectivity Index
- India ranked 44th among 50 different countries in the 2016 Global Connectivity Index (GCI) report compiled by Chinese telecom giant Huawei. United States has topped the index, Singapore ranks second and Sweden ranks third in the list.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma appointed chairman of IAMAI payments banks group
- Industry body Internet and Mobile Association of India, has appointed Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, chairman of its the newly formed payments banks group.
UN observes birth anniversary of Dr. Ambedkar for first time
- For the first time, United Nations observed the birth anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar.
Maharashtra becomes first state to pass law against social boycott
- The Maharashtra legislature has unanimously passed the Maharashtra Prohibition of People from Social Boycott (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill, 2016 to end the menace social boycott practiced by extra-judicial institutions like caste and community panchayats.
SushilaKarki: First female Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court
- Sushila Karki has become the first female acting Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court ending the male domination in higher posts in the judiciary. She replaced Kalyan Shrestha.
Kerala celebrates harvest festival, Vishu
- People in Kerala are celebrating the harvest festival, Vishu . Devotees across the state are visiting temples, performing special pujas and exchanging gifts to mark the occasion.
Kane Williamson named Wisden Almanack’s Cricketer of the Year
- New Zealand’s Kane Williamson was named the Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for the year 2015
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here