Australia won the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2016
Australia defeated India by 4-0 to lift ninth Sultan Azlan Shah Cup title.
Download exclusive notes on appInstall GK Digest Android app here
Centre to increase monthly minimum wages to 10,000 rupees for contract labourers
- Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya has said that the government has decided to bring out an executive order to increase minimum wages to 10,000 rupees per month for contract labourers across the country.
Govt to launch ‘Twitter Seva’ for startups on April 21
- As part of its steps to support budding entrepreneurs, the government on April 21 will launch a new service, Twitter Seva, to address various queries of startups in a time bound manner.
Indian Army conducts Shatru jeet battle exercise in Rajasthan
- The Indian Army conducted major battle exercise named as ‘Shatrujeet’ in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan near to the border with Pakistan.
SC/ST victims to get minimum compensation of Rs 8.5 lakh from state government
- Union government to compensate of Rs 8.5 lakh for SC/ST victim of gang rape, murder or an acid attack including 47 offen cesto get the compensation from a state government, The new rules have come into force immediately.
Forbes Releases First Ever ‘Global Game Changers’ List, Three Indians Make The Cut
- Forbes in its inaugural edition of Global Game Changers List launched this year has ranked some of the biggest names in business.
US jury slaps $940 million fine two companies of India’s Tata group
- A US grand jury has slapped $ 940 million fine on two companies of India’s Tata group namely Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Tata America International Corp