Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams bag top honours at Laureus World Sports awards
- Tennis stars, Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams have bagged the sportsman and sports woman of the year Laureus World Sports Awards.
Dowbload Exclusive notes on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
World Bank Group to Invest 2.5 Billion US Dollars in Education Projects
- World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim announced that the World Bank Group will invest 2.5 billion US dollars over 5 years in education projects that directly benefit adolescent girls.
Govt. releases commemorative coins to mark Tatya Tope Martyrdom Day
- The NDA Government released a Rs.200 commemorative coin and a Rs.10 circulation coin on the occasion of the Martyrdom day of Tatya Tope, one of the outstanding Indian leaders of the 1857 revolt against the British.
FIH announces new structure of int’l hockey events from 2019
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has announced a new annual global home and away league, involving world’s leading hockey nations, to be launched in 2019.
India’s trade deficit declines 5.07 billion dollars in March
- India’s trade deficit touched 5.07 billion dollars in March from February’s 6.54 billion. It is attributed to fall in global crude oil prices. On year on year basis, the deficit was down to 118.46 billion dollars from 137.69 billion.
President Pranab Mukherjee presents Hindi SeviSamman for 2012-14
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented the Hindi SeviSamman for the year 2012, 2013 and 2014.
PCB appoints Inzamam-ul-Haq as new chief selector
- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has appointed former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, as the new chief selector.
Hockey India decides to withdraw from Sultan of Johor Cup
- Hockey India has decided to withdraw the National junior team from the sixth edition of annual Sultan of Johor Cup (SOJC) to be held from October 31 to November 6 in Johor Bahru, citing injury concerns.
IMF, WB, UN and OECD form new group to stop tax erosion
- The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank today said they are joining forces with other international organizations to cooperate on tax issues and develop new tools and standards for taxing multinational enterprises.
Harsh Vardhan launches Twinning Network Program in Kohima
- Union Minister for Science and Earth Sciences Harsh Vardhan launched the Twinning Network Program under Department of Biotechnology in Kohima today.
RBL Bank launches branch for startups
- Private sector lender RBL Bank launched an exclusive branch for startups.
- RBL will be the first private sector Bank to open a specialised branch for startups, offering a bouquet of banking products to service the end-to-end needs of the emerging entrepreneurial ecosystem.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here