President nominates 6 eminent members to RajyaSabha
- Under article 80 of the Constitution, the Council of States (RajyaSabha) is composed of not more than 250 members, of whom 12 are nominated by the President of India from amongst persons who have special knowledge or practical experience in respect of such matters as literature, science, art and social service.
- Mary Kom,Navjot Singh Sidhu, Narendra Jadhav, Suresh Gopi,SwapanDasgupta , Subramanian Swamy
India signs Paris climate pact along with over 170 nations at UN
- Environment Minister PrakashJavadekar has signed the agreement in the UN General Assembly hall at a high-level ceremony hosted by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- The ceremony was attended by heads of governments, foreign ministers, corporate leaders and artists from across the world.
BhupendraKainthola appointed FTII Director
- He will replace PrashantPathrabe and shall have tenure of three years.
- Prior, he was serving as Director (News Room) with DD News since January 2015.
Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace former US president on $20 bill
- With this, Tubman will become the first African-American and the first woman in more than a century to appear on U.S. paper currency.
India replaces China as top FDI destination in 2015: FDI Intelligence Report
- FDI Intelligence is a division of international media company – The Financial Times Limited.
Indian Diplomat Amitav Banerji Honoured By Cyprus
- The diplomat has honouredfor his work in a number of senior roles within the Commonwealth Secretariat for over two decades.
- He was presented with his Commander of the Order of Merit at a ceremony at the Cyprus High Commission.
Govt. to appoint 10,000 new LPG distributors in FY17
- At present, there are 18,000 gas distributors in the country and in the coming three months, 2,000 new distributors will be made and by the end of this financial year 8,000 more distributors will be made.
Kendra Sangeet Natak Akademi Samman for 3 Odiya artists
- This was announced in a meeting of the Kendra SangeetNatakAkademi held in Agartala recently.
Flame for Rio Olympic Games Lit in Greece
- The flame, which was lit by Greek actor KaterinaLehou at an ancient Greek site, will be carried by various runners on international relay.
- The relay will culminate on the opening ceremony of the Games at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro on the 5th of August.
Manoj Bajpayee to receive Dadasaheb Phalke award for 'Aligarh'
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here