23 April: World Book and Copyright Day
- Every year World Book and Copyright Day is being observed on 23 April to promote reading, publishing and copyright. The day seeks to encourage everyone and in particular young people, to discover the pleasure of reading.
Get exclusive notes on AppInstall GK Digest Android app here
Salman Khan named as Indian contingent’s Goodwill Ambassador for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan was named as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian contingent for the upcoming Olympics to be held in August 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- This is the first time when a Bollywood superstar has been chosen as a goodwill ambassador for the Indian contingent at the Olympics.
India, France launch $1 Trillion Potential Solar Programme under ISA
- India and France have launched a programme with $1 trillion Potential Solar Programme under the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
India’s first online interactive heritage portal Sahapedia launched
- The Union Government has launched India’s first online interactive heritage portal named Sahapedia was in New Delhi. The web portal is a collaborative knowledge resource on the arts, culture and heritage of India.
Union Government notifies new rules to revamp SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act
- The Union Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry has notified new rules to give effect amended Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989. The new rules seek to tighten provisions to ensure speedy justice to members of the SC/ST community.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here