26th April: World Intellectual Property Day
- Every year World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD) is being observed on 26 April to highlight importance of intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright) in encouraging innovation and creativity.
Download Exclusive NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here
India bans import of milk some mobile phones from China
- Govt. of India has banned import of milk and milk products, certain mobile phones and some other items from China after finding them of poor quality.
Govt to provide Rs 1 lakh per month to Rio-bound athletes
- · Union Sports Ministry has decided to provide one lakh rupees per month as out of pocket allowance to the sports persons under the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme in their preparation for the Olympics and Paralympics Games at Rio de Janeiro.
Haryana govt to give free laptops to first 500 meritorious students
- Haryana Government has decided to give free laptops to first 500 meritorious students, who would secure a minimum of 95% marks in annual Board examination of Class X in 2016-17.
Uber partners with Election Commission in Tamil nadu
- Taxi operator Uber has partnered with Election Commission in Tamil Nadu to spread awareness on voting among the electorate for the May 16 assembly polls.
Heart of Asia conference begins in New Delhi
- Heart of Asia (HoA) conference begins in New Delhi.
- The conference is with the objective of bringing peace and stability to Afghanistan and speeding up its reconstruction with a focus on enhancing investment and connectivity to the country.
Missed call service launched for local train updates
- The Western Railway has launched a unique service through which commuters would be able to know the running status of local trains from simply giving a missed call.
Govt. constitutes Ashok Dalwai committee for doubling farmers’ income
- The Union Govt. has recently constituted 8-member inter-ministerial committee to prepare a blueprint for doubling farmer’s income by 2022.
Parliament passes Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- Parliament has passed the Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to remove given to Sahjdhari Sikhs to vote in the elections to members of the Board and the Committees.
Finance Ministry approves 8.7% interest on EPF for 2015-16
- Finance Ministry has approved 8.7 per cent interest on Provident Fund deposits for over five crore subscribers of Employee Provident Fund Organisation, EPFO for 2015-16.
India rower Dattu Bhokanal qualifies for Rio Olympics 2016
- Indian rower Dattu Bhokanal qualified for the Rio Olympics after winning a silver in the finals of men’s single sculls at the 2016 FISA Asian and Oceania Olympic Qualification Regatta at Chung-ju in South Korea.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here