Gatimaan Express, India's Fastest Train, To Debut On 4th April
- India's fastest train, the Gatimaan Express, is all set to be launched on April 4, opening a new chapter in the history of the Indian Railways.
- The inaugural run of Gatimaan Express from Hazrat Nizamuddin, Delhi, to Agra Cantt. is scheduled for April 5, the Divisional Railway Manager's office said in a statement.
Download All Subjects NotesInstall GK Digest Android Application here
MoU Signed To Promote Research With IMPRINT Programme
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by 25 Union Ministries of the Government of India under the IMPRINT programme of the Union Government to promote research in premiere technical institutions on March 31, 2016.
- The MoU signed included the Union Ministry of HRD, Union Ministry of Finance, Union Ministry of Rural development, Union Ministry of Power, Coal, New and Renewable energy, Union ministry of communication and IT.
ISRO Sign An MoU With The Airport Authority Of India
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), the department of space sign an MoU with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to provide scientific parameters for construction of airports.
- As per this MoU, DoS will provide data on the landscape around the airports. Apart from this DoS will also sign an MoU with postal department to provide space technology helpful in tracking the parcel movements.
2nd April : World Autism Awareness Day
- World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day on the 2nd of April every year.
- This year the theme is "Autism and the 2030 Agenda: Inclusion and Neurodiversity".
India expects $500M AIIB loan for solar power projects in 2016
- India is hopeful of receiving the first loan issued by the newly formed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in the second half of the year.
- The country is looking for funds on lower interest rates for its ambitious solar power project that intends to scale the capacity to 100 gigawatts by 2022.
Nifty Launches New Index For Mid And Small Cap Stocks
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has launched a new index Nifty Mid-Smallcap 400.
- It will represent the mid and small market capitalization segments of the stock market. The new index will comprise of 400 companies which are the constituents of Nifty Midcap 150 and Nifty Smallcap 250 indices.
Those earning Rs 50 lakh a year must declare assets
- The government has issued a new set of income tax return (ITR) forms that require people with an income of Rs 50 lakh and above per annum to disclose their assets.
- The new forms are for assessment year 2016-17.
- The finance ministry published a gazette order in this regard and taxpayers can file their their ITRs till the stipulated deadline of July 31.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here