Former Mumbai cricketer Ranjan Baindoor dies aged 61
- Former Mumbai Ranji Trophy cricketer Ranjan Baindoor passed away at his residence following a massive heart attack.
Get Exclusive Notes only on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
Kenya’s Kotut and Jepkesho win Paris Marathon
- Kenya’s Cyprian Kotut claimed a double in the French capital within a month when he won this year’s Paris Marathon in personal best of 2 hours, 07 minutes and 13 seconds.
Viswanathan Anand to be conferred with Hridaynath Award
- 5 times world chess champion Viswanathan Anand will be honoured with the Hridaynath Award, which felicitates and recognises successful individuals across the country from various walks of life.
World’s first public dengue vaccination programme launched in Philippines
- The world’s first public dengue vaccination programme was launched in the Philippines as nurses began injecting the first batch of a million children with a French drug to combat the sometimes deadly disease.
Government releases Rs. 25,834 crore to FCI as Food Subsidy
- The Government has released Rs. 25,834 crore to FCI as Food Subsidy. In addition to this, wage and means advance of Rs. 10,000 crore will be released shortly.
Aadhaar enrollments hit 100 cr.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had generated 100 crore Aadhaar numbers in five-and half years since the first Aadhaar was issued in 2010.
World's 1st Sanctuary For White Tigers Opens In MP
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh along with Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and other dignitaries have inaugurated the world's first wildlife sanctuary for white tigers in Madhya Pradesh.
India’s first Cash Giving App ‘CASHe’ Launched
- India's first cash giving app has launched by a fin-tech company called Tslc Pte Ltd. The app is named as CASHe.
First Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2016-17
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today cuts the Repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 6.5% in its first bi-monthly monetary policy review for the 2016-17 fiscal.
RBI Grade B Online Classes by Ramandeep Singh - Join here